What's new

dang spiders! (2 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
This thread is giving me the heebie-jeebies (whatever that is), I hate spiders, I have arachnophobia, its over there on the shelf [points]. The spiders we get are big, about 4 inches from foot to foot to foot to f... and they are fast! One chased me thru the house a couple years ago, panting I leapt into the bedroom and shut the door, the spider simply crawled underneath and kept on coming!! It was a titanic battle for survival, cornered, terrified 6ft human vs monstrous 4inch arachnid, well what else can I do? I grabbed a bunch of heavy books and flattened the thing. Than I called my Sandra to pick up the pieces.
Spiders don't bother her at all, when I see one on a wall I let out a high-pitched scream, and she comes and gets rid of it, ooh I'm so macho! But she's scared of mice so it balances out in the end.:D

James T

Screenwriter
I hate spiders too. Long time ago when I was in 8th grade, I had to take little creatures from their habitat for biology. The first and only jar I brought to class contained a Wolf Spider. The catching part was easy since it was sitting in the centre of its web haning from a plant. I just put the jar and lid around the spider and quickly closed and shut it.

My dad called me a wuss because I hesitated to do it at first. Then he went on to tell me "When I was a kid..." story. His story was quite interesting because as a kid, him and his friends would go around and find the largest spider they could find. Then my dad would place his "champion" on one end and his friend's "champion" on the other end and watch them duke it out. He said the end result was the loser being wrapped in web.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
In my last semester of college I lived in a basement apartment next to the building where all of my classes were. The place was always being invaded by crickets and other small creatures. We took a rather large glass (like a brandy snifter) and turned it upside down on the speaker next to the TV. Whenever we would catch something, we would throw it under the glass and watch the interaction.

About mid-semester, we caught this mean looking little spider and threw him in there. He kicked everything's ass. It got to the point where he was so well fed on cricket meat that we were all afraid to pick up the glass.

Good times... good times...

Brad

Ryan T

Second Unit
All right here is my bedroom monster :).

http://www.msnusers.com/Spiderpictur...nw?albumlist=2

Unfortunately it died over night so it's not at it's full glory size wise. When it's legs are fully spread they reach just over 2". I don't know how the poor thing died because I put it in a cool whip container with some dirt and leaves on the bottom and poked many air holes in the lid. It's kinda said because this spider probably has killed tons of crickets and other pests. From now on i will relocate any huge spider i see to the backyard. Even though there beneficial I don't really want the big one's crawling around my room. BTW I think i've found a way to keep spider outta a room. Now you have to understand this method needs some more testing. Heres what you do. Get a computer, a really big subwoofer, a spool of speaker wire, a receiver, and the biggest dang PA amp you can find. Then for about 30 mins each day blast 110 db's of 30 hz bass in your room :). That should scare the living crap outta ANY spider in your room (along with your neighbors). I think it's going to be my new modo, "a 110 dbs per day keeps the bugs away" lol.

Ryan

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Nice spider Ryan, when spiders die, they wrap their legs under themselves... Their legs are hydraulically controlled!

You might try to put any captured spiders in the bathroom, tends to be a little more humid in there. And make sure the airhole is smaller than a spider's "abdomen" cause that's the limiting factor of how small a hole it can fit through.

Jay

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Ok Marshall that was not kind, I'm gonna be peering into shadows and behind objects for the next few days because of that.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
OK. At first while reading this thread I was barefoot with feet on the floor. Then I put my feet up in my chair. After seeing the Gargantua spider, I jumped up thinking something was on my leg.

I hate spiders, they have very short lives when I see them, and they usually die to a dictionary falling on them.

I hate roaches, but if I see one, I'll just grab him and flush him, then wash my hands. Now way for spiders.

I hate woods behind my house. So sometimes one of the fury ones sneaks in, makes me crap in my pants. People around here call them wolf spiders. I have the garden variety 1 inchers all the time, but if I can see that it's furry I freak out and beat it with a shovel.

Damn I keep thinking of seeing those legs behind that clock. That clock would have been broken, because I would have bashed it with a shovel.

Now I'm going to be swatting every itch all night.

Funny to read the stuff on Luclin server also. Didn't know fellow HTFers were EQ players.

Oh, has anyone ever crushed a spider, then 500 babies go running everywhere. I did that in the garage once and said my thanks that I didn't find him in the house. Two weeks later it happened in the house.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I wish mice and spiders were bitter enemies, because then maybe both of my pest problems would just take care of themselves. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.