1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Curb Your Enthusiasm 5 (Final Season)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by MarkHastings, Mar 8, 2006.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Well-Known Member

It appears that season 5 was the final season, but where's the DVD? They CAN'T give us all four and not the last one!!!!

Even though this last one wasn't the greatest, how upsetting would this collection be without the last one?!!!

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

It's listed in HBO flyers (in the price dropped Sopranos DVDs) as coming out this year. C'mon, HBO wouldn't leave money on the table and not release it. [​IMG]

3. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Well-Known Member

The Finale aired less than a year ago. TravisR is right, no need to fret, it's on the way.

I thought there was also no final word on if this was the actual final episode or not.

4. Kipp Teague

Kipp Teague Well-Known Member

Where has it been officially stated that season 5 of Curb is the final season??

I suggest that this thread be re-titled (remove the "final season" reference)

5. Eric_Bee

Eric_Bee Well-Known Member

It hasn't. Cheryl Hines was reported as saying in an interview that Season 5 might have been the final year, but I believe nothing more formal or definitive has emerged. If Larry said anything else, I'm sure someone will post it.

6. MarkHastings

7. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything either that Season 5 was the end of the series. HBO hasn't made that announcement yet.

Although I haven't heard anything on Season 6 yet either but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I think Larry David just turned 59 this weekend.

8. Mike*SC

Mike*SC Well-Known Member

It is not the final season.

9. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Well-Known Member

I saw Cheryl on a talk show and she said it wasn't decided but Larry had been writing a bunch of stuff so that was promising.

10. MarkHastings

As much as I'd love more CYE, this last season just felt so final to me. The last episode was just such a perfect ending to the series.

Actually, IMHO, season 5 wasn't the best, but if it ends up being the last season, it would be good in that respect. If the show were to continue on, then that final episode (of season 5) would be when the show jumped the shark.

11. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Well-Known Member

I have not seen season five as I don't have HBO. But I will be buying the box set.

12. Steve...O

Steve...O Well-Known Member

Steve

Agreed. There comes a point where extending something just for the sake of extending it compromises quality. Case in point: the just concluded S6 of Sopranos.

CYE at it's best is hilarious, but some of the past season seemed forced. If Larry hasn't yet decided whether to come back then maybe his inner instinct is throwing up a red flag that he's having a hard time accepting.

He is a good talent so maybe he could come up with an occasional series for HBO using the improvisional format. It wouldn't have to be continuing characters, but a group of regulars could be employed (he would be wise to include Paul Dooley and Shelly Berman and lose Jeff Garlin and Wanda Sykes).

13. Mike*SC

Mike*SC Well-Known Member

Be that as it may, it was not the final season. There was a time when it might have been, but unless Larry David is run over by a bus, there will be more episodes. You'll see.

14. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Well-Known Member

I heard that Larry David was not happy with the 5th season and I don't blame him. It was horrid.

I hope they have a 6th season to send the show off in the right way.

15. MarkHastings

That would be the only redeeming factor. If there's a season 6, it better be fantastic!

16. Mick Tees

Mick Tees Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Curb. I just pre-ordered Season 5 from Amazon ($25.96). I've been reading these posts and it sounds like this past season for many was nothing to write home about....

I've got all the other seasons on DVD. I really enjoyed how Season 4 ended!

17. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

Season Five is the weakest season but there's still some great episodes and hilarious moments.

18. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Well-Known Member

19. Steve...O

Steve...O Well-Known Member

Steve

Hi Mike, Do you have inside info or is this speculation on your part?

Matt - thanks for the Garlin article. You would think that the co-stars would want to hear something soon because they would need to start committing to other projects if CYE doesn't come back.

Steve

20. Seymour Uranowitz

Seymour Uranowitz Well-Known Member

I'm remaining cautiously pessimistic. [​IMG]