1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Computer Hook Up

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BradStoodley, Apr 3, 2003.

1. BradStoodley

BradStoodley Member

Hi,

I can't seem to find any information on hooking up my computer to my HT. I've been told this is possible, but I have no idea how, and no idea where to find information on it. FYI, I have a Panasonic SA-HE100 reciever, Fluance AV-HTB speakers, Panasonic A310 DVD player, and a Panasonic 32" TV. I really want to run my computer through for music purposes mainly (cause my DVD won't take CD-R's) Please Help!! Thanks all.

Brad

2. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Premium
    Supporter

Carl III
    What kind of outputs do you computer have?

3. BradStoodley

BradStoodley Member

Sorry! That was kind of dumb!! My computer outputs are 1/4". So I imagine I need a 1/4" to RCA..... will this work?

4. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Premium
    Supporter

Carl III
    yep, assuming you're trying to sound from your CPU to the home theater that will do the trick.

5. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Well-Known Member

i do the same thing, the only thing i dont like about doing this is it plays everything thought the ht system, inlcuding AOL sounds. I just do it for my mp3's, until i get a new dvd/mp3 player for hts.

6. sam_canavo

sam_canavo Well-Known Member

Jeremy
    Just go into sounds settings and and set it no sounds. The only thing you will hear is the program your running,mp3s,power dvd, media player etc.