What's new

Circuit City closing all stores -- watch for bargains coming soon (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
People forget that Circuit City started out originally as "Dixie Hi-Fi", a mail order company. I remember purchasing Dynaco kits from them back around 1973. Only later did Dixie Hi-Fi enter brick and morter retailing.

Gad - they have refurbed Optoma HD72 projectors for only $550. I thought I really stole a new one a while back for $1,275 after rebate. :eek: It's a hell of a deal if you can live with a 720p projector.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well...on the one hand...they've now got a much bigger "Q" rating than they did under their old name. On the other hand, it's "Circuit City."

Not sure if the higher profile is worth the legacy that comes with it. :laugh:

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
the same company now owns compusa's website CompUSA.com - Computers, Laptops, Televisions, Software, and Electronics from the All-New CompUSA! and tigerdirect TigerDirect.com - Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Components, Netbooks & Electronics Look at the bottom of the page. They all say the same thing "A Systemax Company". These people specialize in online shopping for electronics. They proably ship the products from the same warehouses. They have also reopened a few CompUSA stores in Florida and Texas.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I'm a frequent customer of the re-opened CompUSA here in Clearwater. Prices have improved, stock variety has improved, and the floor and product lines are less like Best Buy and more like the CompUSA of old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks