What's new

Charlie's Angels Season 5 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am ok with waiting as S5 is not my favourite season for Charlie's Angels. My favourite season 1-3 as they had Farah Fawcett, Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith and then Cheryl Ladd. I would still picked it up once the set is available. I just started watching Charlie's Angels agains due to the new series coming out and wanting to re-live my childhood era. Remember waiting for Starky & Hutch and it took like 3 years or so before the last set was isued. I still had hoped for more seasons of the Streets of San Francisco, Rookies and the Cannon.
Does anyone remember the trading cards for Charlie's Angels?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
If you want season 5 so badly, you can get it on itunes, along with the rest of the series. All of season 5 appears to be uncut.
I wish itunes became the new way of watching our favorite shows online. DVD sales are dwindling due to this stupid "economy"
I don't know anything about itunes. Does it allow you to download and burn to a DVD? Other than that, I'm not interested.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
They basically offer movies or TV shows to watch online by paying money. You can also listen to music on Itunes as well. I don't think you can burn them on DVD, though.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Neil Brock said:
I don't know anything about itunes. Does it allow you to download and burn to a DVD? Other than that, I'm not interested.
Itunes is the Apple on-line store that sells digital downloads.
The videos are copy protected so they cannot be burned to a DVD,
at least without altering the file, legally.
I also prefer to have them on DVD, but with the sales dropping,
like with music CD's, downloads may be the future... :(

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
it wouldn't surprise me at all that since Sony have waited this long, they might make Season 5 an "Archive" (burnt media) release (if they don't roll it out with the DVDs of the new show after it gets cancelled later this season).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad that I have the 3-hour season 5 premiere intact from its original ABC network airing because even if it does get released there's no way they'll put it out that way. All of the previous 2-hour episodes were released in cut, 1-hour form.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Neil Brock said:
I'm glad that I have the 3-hour season 5 premiere....
It was originally a 2-hour episode, not a 3-hour episode. Other than a few exceptions here and there, Sony is the absolute worst when it comes to including special one-hour, two-hour, or three-hour episodes in their original form.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I can confirm that TV Guide billed it as a 3-hour premiere. There is a picture of the ad in Angelic Heaven by Mike Pingel.
The fifth season began with a 2-hour episode introducing the new angel and then ABC immediately showed another hour episode immediately after. It was a special 3-hour Angel Night.
I'm sure it wasn't intended that way. There was a writers strike during the summer before so the show got off to a late start. The season started in November instead of September.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Actually, you're right, and here's what tv.com says:
The 3-month actors' strike of 1980 delayed production on Charlie's Angels. As a result, this episode, which serves as the season 5 premiere, did not air until November 30, 1980. This 2-hour episode, along with the next episode, "To See an Angel Die", was originally part of a three-hour "Night with the Angels" extravaganza.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am hoping there will be announcement about S5 of Charlie's Angels. I have S1-S4 on DVD and just like to add S5 to complete my collection. I am fan more of Charlie's Angels up to S4. S4 is when i started to lose interest as Kate Jackson was replaced by Shelly Hack and Tanya Roberts. Jaclyn Smith is still one of my favourite gals to this date. If I could rank my actresses in terms of beauty they would be the following
1. Jaclyn Smith
2. Phoebe Cates
3. Betsy Russell
4. Angie Dickinson
5. Kate Jackson
6. Raquel Welch
7. Lynda Carter
8. Anne Lockhart
9. Lisa Eilbacher
10. Victoria Principal
My list is older actresses or the ones i grew up watching them TV/Movies.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I certainly hope we'll see it, it's a highly sought after title after all so of course it would do alright sales-wise for eager fans and completists. I don't know why they didn't release it, did the earlier seasons do so badly or was it just a bad time ie Sony dropping classic TV then? I'm quite confident it'd do favorably for S!F, but I have this suspicion of a similar situation with T.J. Hooker where the owners regard the title 'too big' for an independant outlet and for the less robust quality of MOD as well. Although curiously enough, Sony's now releasing Fantasy Island on MOD themselves. In any case, about time they moved into that field.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I was thinking they might release it MOD on Amazon like they did with the 2011 remake. More people would buy S5 than the remake. Plus it's more suited to the format since it only had 16 episodes.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Oh Brother! They better offer up a single set of S5.
I've been really craving seeing that season for a while now. Never caught much of it in it's initial airings and have maybe only seen a couple of the eps since in syndication. I stopped watching the show when Jackson left, so this stuff will all be new to me.
But I'm not going to pay for four other seasons I already own just to get it. The other possible negative is that they only offer it as a separate season in the MOD program, which would also really suck. Hope they don't but...

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Season 5 better be sold seperately. It would be a major slap in the face to the fans,who bought the previous four seasons,if it wasn't.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Ron Lee Green said:
According to charliesangels.com season 5 will be released in Sept. as part of a complete series package.
Not sure if it will be released individually.
Official announcement comes this Monday.
Pictures here:
http://www.charliesangels.com
Thanks for posting!
I have S1-S4 on DVD and would be only looking for S5. I can not understand why the studio would not have two offers:
1. Complete Series set
2.. S5 only.
This is second blunder by the studios in the past few weeks as All in the Family is also coming out as the complete set with extras. I share frustration with many of you, especially those who have taken the time to purchase the individual sets. Studios complain when sales go down that people are not buying enough of the sets, which delay future releases.
I bought S1-S3 of Barney Miller then the complete set came out. This is another example of how badly the studios manage their releases. I would rather see the studios released the complete series then waste time with individual releases.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Paul_Scott said:
Oh Brother! They better offer up a single set of S5.
I've been really craving seeing that season for a while now. Never caught much of it in it's initial airings and have maybe only seen a couple of the eps since in syndication. I stopped watching the show when Jackson left, so this stuff will all be new to me.
But I'm not going to pay for four other seasons I already own just to get it. The other possible negative is that they only offer it as a separate season in the MOD program, which would also really suck. Hope they don't but...
Hey Paul,
I crave S5 just for the fact i want to complete my sets. I believe when S5 came out i was into different things and had lost interest in the show. I was happy in one way that is Jaclyn Smith stayed with the show from the start to the finish. Jaclyn Smith was my favorite Angel.
No disrespect to Cheryl Ladd, but the original angels will always have a place in my heart. I remember the posters (i.e. Farah Fawcetts), trading cards, etc related to the S1 as a kid.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Thanks for the heads-up. This will be the ONLY time I go ahead and purchase a Complete Series set having previously bought the season sets because this show means so much to me. We've waited FOREVER to see it to completion and I really love the box art. Looking forward to seeing the final season on DVD at last. Besides, Amazon's pre-order price for this is only $46, which is only $7 more than the list price for the 2011 remake MOD release containing what...8 episodes? I would have paid $100 to get Season 5 on its own so this isn't a real rip-off by the studio.
I do agree with all the complaints though about having to double-dip. I was not happy when ALL IN THE FAMILY was announced a few weeks ago and found out the rare pilots are NOT to be released as a separate disc for those of us who supported all NINE season releases to see that show to completion. Shout Factory is asking $140 for the AITF series set, which I cannot justify.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Kasey said:
Thanks for the heads-up. This will be the ONLY time I go ahead and purchase a Complete Series set having previously bought the season sets because this show means so much to me. We've waited FOREVER to see it to completion and I really love the box art. Looking forward to seeing the final season on DVD at last. Besides, Amazon's pre-order price for this is only $46, which is only $7 more than the list price for the 2011 remake MOD release containing what...8 episodes? I would have paid $100 to get Season 5 on its own so this isn't a real rip-off by the studio.
I do agree with all the complaints though about having to double-dip. I was not happy when ALL IN THE FAMILY was announced a few weeks ago and found out the rare pilots are NOT to be released as a separate disc for those of us who supported all NINE season releases to see that show to completion. Shout Factory is asking $140 for the AITF series set, which I cannot justify.
For $46, I'm really worried about the way the discs are packaged inside the box. They may just be stacked on a spindle inside there with no housing or inner case. I know that Sanford and Son, Good Times, Married With Children are all terribly packaged complete series that are cheap in price.
If it is packaged properly I'm all for it. I always hated the how radically different each individual box set was. You put them together on shelf, and you would think there are four different seires according to the spine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks