What's new

BVHE Announcement: Peter Pan Diamond Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/324076/bvhe-announcement-peter-pan-diamond-edition-blu-ray#post_3981979
The fact that they'd already dropped about a minute from an already short feature (Saludos Amigos) due to a shot of Goofy smoking, is the sole reason I've absolutely never purchased that title on home video. I think times have moved on, and the film deserves to be seen in its entirety.
The title song sequence from Three Caballeros is a manic masterpiece--worth the price of the entire movie alone. Oh yeah--that's something I want to see in high def!!

On the DVD of the documentary Walt and El Grupo, the uncut Saludos Amigos is there as a supplement. It would be insulting to reinstate the cuts on Blu-ray. These two movies are more likely to be bought by adult collectors, and I doubt they're anywhere near as well-known among today's kids as the Diamond titles or even some of the mid-level ones. More people complained about the anti-smoking PSA for Pinocchio than they did for the presence of smoking.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Found an $8 promotional coupon when ordering this title off Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Friday/b/ref=bf2012_bunk_1117?ie=UTF8&node=384082011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-B1&pf_rd_r=18CYR2JBYWPVY2SYF0MA&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1415628302&pf_rd_i=507846

Look at the bottom of the page for the CLIP coupon.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I think they're two different versions: the one in the OP has the Digital Copy attached to it; the other picture doesn't.

I'd be disappointed if the cover art changed. I really like the original version...it looks much classier.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Jason_V said:
I think they're two different versions: the one  in the OP has the Digital Copy attached to it; the other picture doesn't.
I'd be disappointed if the cover art changed.  I really like the original version...it looks much classier.
I do too. Actually, most of the upcoming Disney blu designs are much classier than those in the past, esp. Hunchback. I also wonder if Target is going to have a digibook version, which may also have different art...

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Does anybody know what the differences are between the 2 disc and the 3 disc editions of the Peter Pan Blu-ray? I don't care about the digital copy. Thanks

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'm assuming the 3rd disc is the digital copy. The rest should be the same. I have no desire for the digital copy either. This will be my first Disney animated Bluray purchase, it's my favorite. Disappointed on the special features though. I remember my laser disc having some audio outtakes on it that I haven't seen on any other version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks