What's new

Buying Paradigm in Canada (1 Viewer)

Jeff_King

Grip
Do any of you know how much I can realistically save if I go to Canada to buy Paradigms? Specifically I am looking at Studio Ref 20's (which I think list at 800USD). Are they more open to bargaining up there and/or do they just have lower prices?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Jeff,
It's 'all of the above'. The Canadian Dollar is lower than US (right now about 72 cents I believe) and Dealers generally will give you 20 - 25% off Canadian MSRP (I believe the 20's v2 in black laminate were 800CDN MSRP which is about 575USD).

If you do a search for Paradigm Canada here you will turn up more info. Here are a couple of threads:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=70269
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=36992

Since the Studio v3's are now out, you may be hard pressed to find any v2's, however, if you are looking to deal on what is now 'old stock', then you may pick up even better bargains as the Dealers clear out their old v2 products.

Jack*Mains

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to highjack your thread, but is there really a huge difference between the v.3 and the v.2 Studios? I live in canada and I can get a really good deal on v.2 right now *about $900CAD for 60's* but they are gonna go fast and I didn't get a change to listen to the v.3 yet.

And to share some experience, the last time I was checking out the Paradigm series, i got a pair of mini monitors for $350CAD, and the dealer was ready to sell me the studio 20's for $600.

This is in Calgary, Alberta btw. Dont have to pay PST, save 8% :)

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff

Save the gas. Go to www.audiogon.comm. Under the heading Speakers click Monitors, once in there click again to enter the classified section (first page is for the auctions and dealer spacials). In the first two pages of the classified section I found a Studio 40 and a Studio 20 (both V.2) for sale.

Search there, you may find what you are looking for.

JaimeB

Jeff_King

Grip
thanks Jaime, I will check that out. But I am actually not going to Can just for the speakers, I am actually going on a cruise that leaves from Vancouver. I was going to use that opportunity to look at home HT equipment. Jack, I would also like to know if there is a big difference between the V2 and V3.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Jeff,

since your going to be in Vancouver,

check out the Sound Room, I bought my ADP's there and they are excellent people.

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
I'm headed up to Toronto in 2 weeks to pick up a pair of Totem Forests. The guys at Bay Bloor Radio are awesome. Very responsive customer service and always willing to help. You know, like a business should be run ;)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
Buying Paradigms in Canada does give you a big price difference, but if you're looking for v2 Studios, you'd better get going...Live Wire in Windsor is completely out of stock already, and Bob said that Paradigm made sure that all their stock was out before they rolled out the v3s...

Now I have to hope my luck is good in teh future, so I can find some 20s for rears and the CC. :frowning:

edit: They're not sold out in the states tho...just realized that today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks