What's new

Buy "Corpse Bride" on Blu-ray or HD-DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Bob Black

Stunt Coordinator
The HD-DVD version will have more capacity and offer the In-Movie Experience that the BD will not. So where's the debate?

MarekM

Supporting Actor

I think advanced codec support and decoding in the players you already know from tech listing of each player,. and all players are capable of playing, vc-1,avc, and mpeg2 or am I missing something ?

hmm not great for value ratio ? well if I am buying something I am not looking for player just for few months........ so if somehting have as you are mentioned not great value ratio, sure it will have in few months........

and that ratio will not keep me sitting at home waiting few months to get better value ratio - I want to WATCH it now not few months later...... so there si no risk at all for me......

Marek

Dennis Maricic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
Hi Marek,

Actually none of the lossless Advanced Audio Codecs ( ThruHD, DTS HD/MA ) have been confirmed on this Gen of Blu Ray Players. And if they will be firmware upgradeable. There are some statements from panasonic that firmware will be coming in the new year to activate these. Still not confirmed.

There is also the issue that none of these players are supporting BD-Live and will not since they do not have RJ45 ethernet ports, except maybe the Pionieer. Haven't seen it yet or any specs.

Until these issues are addressed and clarified I will not be buying Blu Ray. It just does not make sense for me investment in a Blu Ray player that does not have the full features when the next Gen will. What are we talking about maybe one year away.

At that time I will a Blu Ray player and enjoy full studio support by owning both formats.

So that's why I say for me the dollar for value ratio is not good yet. Because I know I'll have to replace a first gen player to get all the features of Blu Ray.

And why is there no value in owning a Toshiba HD DVD. Is it all of a sudden going to stop working when I buy a Blu Ray player and turn into a boat anchor. It has lossless audio support and working advanced features like IME.

So, let me just clarify. Investing in this Gen of Blu Ray players is still a bit risky. All these things will be worked out. And when they are people will be getting great value for their investment. Until then I'll enjoy HD DVD which looks great on my 92" screen.

Dennis

MarekM

Supporting Actor
it's OK with me Dennis :)

thanx for replay,.. I agree with almost everything you said....,
but I am think there is no risk to jump in right now !

and from sound point of view I will take uncompressed PCM any time :)

check this pdf
http://www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/do...2955-13403.pdf page17

yes this is only list of what codecs in Audio streams are supported, and I am sure player like PIONEER ELITE will have them...

about BD-Live, well I am sure Pioneer will have it, we will see soon, and of course Playstation3 will have it...

so it's not a YEAR AWAY I could be wrong yes, but we will know that soon..

and that's why value ratio is OK for me now :) and it's not OK for you now :)

take care,
Marek

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks