What's new

Buffy Musical DVD in yesterday's Variety (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, please consider this a plea to put me down on the list as well.
I've seen every Buffy episode, and own the Season One boxset, and have the Season 2 boxset on order (just putting my money and interest where my mouth is). :)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Thanks, Ric. Here is a larger version of the cover:
Once More With Feeling
I really liked the retro poster art (and I finally tracked down a full 27x40 version that now hangs on my living room wall), but for some reason it didn't seem right filling a whole VHS front. There's also the issue of resolution, as you mentioned.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Ill add my name to the "Me Too!" list :). All this has got me really excited for Season 2 in a couple of weeks.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Put me down, too for the Buff-meister. Although I can see peter is going to be engulfed with requests. I did make a vcd from a mpg that was on a newsgroup for a while. So so quality, but at least it let me see the last 5 minutes since I didn't know it was 65 minutes when I set my vcr.

Sean P

Agent
Yikes-stay away for a day and look what developes. First, let me officially add my name to the list of people who have tried the ebay route and have been maliciously outbid. I actually stayed up late last night hoping that someone would forget a 0 on buy it now and give me a chance at a reasonable price. ;) One tries. I even worked on misspelligngs. ha ha
This is an awesome episode from a series that (I feel) has done more actual very special episodes than the entire run of Blossom claimed to air. Including repeated showings. No offence to fans of course. :)
Thanks Peter for even trying. It is very much appreciated by more than those who have responded.
Is it just me, or does this thread threaten to grow longer than the last buffytastic thread with variations of "me too"
At least it's worth it. :D
Sean

Joel Turpin

Agent
Yikes!

Much as I'd love to own a copy of that one (having just ordered Season 4 - Region 2 set earlier this very evening...) those ebay prices are crazy!

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to add my name to the rapidly-growing list of Buffy fans eager to own a pristine digital copy of the show's best episode (and still hoping for a CD release of the soundtrack).
I've been kicking myself over tossing out a Variety subsription mailing last month. Who knew?
At any rate, Peter, thanks for the generous offer, and here's hoping you unearth a whole crate of Buffy DVD's that just happened to escape notice during the Emmy voter mailing!:)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Wow. What happened here?
Another person chiming in to get on the list. Heck, I'd even be willing to shut up about P.C.U. for a copy. :D

Greg Robinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Greg R
This is the first I'd heard of this DVD - what a great idea! I too would love to get a copy as my wife and I are huge Buffy fans (and loved the episode!). Season 2 is on pre-order and we've got season 1 on the shelf. Thanks Peter for trying to help out sincere fans of the show!

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Shameless plea for "me to". :)
If you could manage to scare up the 50 or so disks for people here, what would be the best way for us to feed you our addresses? A Private Messaage, email?
(I just dont want this to become a large pain for you.)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Another "me too" as well. I'd love to get a good quality copy of that episode, especially since FX will probably be airing the edited version once they get the rights to Season 6. Thanks for everything you have done for us consumers over the years Peter.

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
hi,

I, too, must ask for a copy, if one is available. The Musical is my favorite episode!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
$450!! I really liked that episode and think it ranks up there as some of the bravest television and one of the more entertaining Buffys, but I doubt I'd pay that much for just one episode, no matter how great it was!

On the bright side, maybe this episode will finally get Joss some of the love he so richly deserves from Emmy voters which has, to date, eluded him.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have been keeping an eye out on Ebay, hoping to find a "Buy it Now" at a reasonable price. So far they have ranfed from 110.00 to 300.00. Perhaps the when the frenzy dies down they witll get cheaper.. though how many more copies can be out there? What really kills me are these folks selling multiple copies for a huge Payday! What did they do... pilfer thruogh peoples offices and steal them? Greed at its best, and you can bet not one of these crooks is a Buffy fan. Sorry, just venting!

Put me in the group that would also like to see a music CD come out of this. I'm sure folks would pick up that and the DVD if they ever came available in stores. As soon as I saw the episode, it just seemed like a natural to me. It just seems like to long a wait to get the 6th season box set, to be able to enjoy this special episode.

Derek,
I have reworked my DVD cover (Still hoping I can lay my hands on the DVD!). I hope you don't mind, but I incorporated many of your elements, including the descriptive text. If this bothers you let me know. Did you get that description from somewhere else or did you write it up? Anyway, it was much better than what I came up with.

Ric

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Late last night I found an auction that had already closed (dammit!) that had a Buy It Now price of $20!

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks