What's new

Buffy Musical DVD in yesterday's Variety (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Late last night I found an auction that had already closed (dammit!) that had a Buy It Now price of $20!
Are you kidding! Man-O-Man! Are you sure it wasn't the VCD? I've seen a few of those mixed in there. Almost bid on one myself by mistake!

-Ric

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, I think the guy realized his mistake - somehow he got a few more copies, but now the Buy It Now price is $129! :frowning:
-Dave

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Please add me to the list. I'd love to replace my VHS copy with a DVD.

I'd always planned on getting the Region 2 boxset for Season 6 once it's released(presumably by this time next year), but the PAL speedup always concerned me when it came to this particular episode.

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my God Peter, WE ALL NEED COPIES OF THIS!! :)
If you can't find enough to satisfy people on this thread I guess I could just wait another year or so for the SEASON 6 DVD SET...but man that's a long time away...considering if I had been a subscriber to VARIETY I could have it right now :frowning:. I don't want to pay 400 bucks for the episode...well I mean I would if I could just throw 400 bucks in...*sigh* I still wish I were a Variety Subscriber...
If there is any way to like promote this with FOX at all do whatever you can. If nothing can be done about it, I will patiently fold my hands and wait...and wait...and wait.......patiently................ (still wishing I had been subscribed to Variety.....)
Still do want a copy tho :) so if there is some sort of list ADD ME ON! :)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Back in post number 21 Mr. Staddon's exact words:
I'll see if I can lay my hands on some more and get tehm over to teh people in this thread.
Don't hold your breath though, since someone is paying $450 on Ebay spare copies have seemed to have vanished.
I'll see what I can do.
Now, just about the only posts here are nothing but requests for a disc. I do not want to presume to put word's in Mr. Staddon's mouth but I would assume he did not mean 50+ disc's. Also note he never said he could even get ONE more.
He will do the best he can. Let's stop with the requests please. Even if he got 50 disc's there have been enough people here who have requested one already. Trust me I do understand the desire to have one. Any Buffy fan would.
But any further comments strictly as a request for a disc will be deleted.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Would mentioning this as a good time to request faster release on the season sets so we can get our paws on season six be uncalled for? :b

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Would mentioning this as a good time to request faster release on the season sets so we can get our paws on season six be uncalled for?
I just say that FOX releases Season 3 and 4 at the same time. :D Just release both seasons at Christmas and I'm sure all of us Buffy fans would have enough Christmas spending money to buy both. That way, we can get Season Six by next summer. :)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
:) No Jorge and thanks for reminding me that evenually everyone will own this episode. So if you miss out on getting the Variety DVD you will eventually still have an opportunity to own it later. Unless of course you have three or four hundred dollars to throw away and get one on eBay. Personally I don't and I believe the majority of this forums membership doesn't.

KenKeith

Grip
someone mentioned early in the thread that this version would be different than the one included in the season 6 boxset? why wouldn't the unedited version be on the season dvd?
i too loved this episode.. good stuff. my girlfriend (who normally watches with me) was eating dinner at a friends house though and her friends made her turn it off about 10 minutes in.. :angry:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
someone mentioned early in the thread that this version would be different than the one included in the season 6 boxset? why wouldn't the unedited version be on the season dvd?
Actually, that is one of my concerns. I would be interested to see the "director's cut" edition with the extended scenes that is on the Variety disc, but I would also be interested in getting the originally broadcast version as well.
I *expect* the Season 6 set to primarily include the version AS BROADCAST. In fact, I would be upset if the originally presented version was not the primary, or not an option at all.
Maybe they'll include the "extended" version as a bonus on the Season 6 set, who knows? But I'd rather hedge my bet and get one of these promo discs...if possible. :frowning:

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
David:

The "directors-extended cut" IS the originally broadcasted version. It is the longest episode in the series and UPN let them air all 50 something minutes for one time only. That is the extended version. The one that you will see in repeats is the cut version. Not the originally broadcasted version. They cut it so that they would be able to keep it under 45 mins so they could show it in one hour. Believe me, you would rather have the ORIGINALLY shown version than the cut one which wasn't originally broadcasted...

~Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Ah, thank you for straightening me out. I forget what it was, but when the original version aired I was unable to watch it due to some other commitment. :b

Another reason to want this disc, of course.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have no doubt that when this gets released in the 6th season box set,it would contain the originally broadcast extended version. Has anyone seen the chopped up shorter version? We have been waiting for UPN to show it again, but I haven't seen it. How bad is it? There must be whole songs missing if they had to cut out 7 or 8 minutes.

-Ric

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Plus I remember reading somewhere in a conversation with Marti Noxton that the longer version was the official final version and that the shorted one would ONLY be used for syndication and reruns. For that reason, I'm fairly confident that we'll get the full version. :emoji_thumbsup:
Now, can we get the full version in 5.1 and anamorphic? This would be my dream. :)
Hell, right now though, I'll be happy with "Hush" and "Restless" on DVD. A whole two season's closer!
"Hush" in 5.1! The irony! Yeah! :D

Sarah S

Second Unit
Rric:, as far as I understand it they cut
Buffy"s song of "We can do it" that came right after Anya's Bunny Rant and Dawn's dance sequence in demon's liar.

They tried to keep the rest of it prety much intact, though.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Sarah, they cut out alot more than what you mentioned (from the IMDB):
Now, can we get the full version in 5.1 and anamorphic? This would be my dream.
We will get an anamorphic transfer, but who knows 5.1. I say we screw the 5.1 track and put an uncompressed PCM track. :D

Sarah S

Second Unit
Ah. Never saw the edited version, so I couldn't compare, and have somewhat dim memories of the episode as my spouse LOST THE VHS TAPE he had recorded it on. :frowning:....not that I'm blaming him or anything....
I won one of the cheaper auctions for this though, & we'll see what arrives in the mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks