What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Breaking: Shout Factory and ITV Studios Sign Multi-Film Deal: GREAT TITLES COMING! (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I know we're still just speculating here, but if they decide to put out another Last Unicorn Blu-ray, maybe they can include the shorter US theatrical cut along with the extended version that's always been out on video (both with the uncensored audio track, of course). Lionsgate's release is actually quite nice, so they'd probably have to add something extra, anyway.

Overall, this sounds like a great deal.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Laserdisc version Frucht des Tropenbaums, Die (The Tamarind Seed) (1974) [405.1668] Country Germany Street Date 1983 Publisher CBS/FOX Video Price 59 DEM UPC ??? Category Romance Color Color Length 119 min. Sides 2 Chapter(s) ??? Size 12" Picture Pan & Scan Ratio 1.33:1 Plastic Transparent Cover Standard Rot status None reported Your ratings Picture
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
Sound
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
Package
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
star2.gif
Comment Please login/register! Manufactured by PDO UK
pal.png
clv.png

lv.gif

Analog Tracks
10.png
Spoken Language Subtitles German No subtitle

moviepas

Supporting Actor
The soundtrack of The Tamarind Seed is German. The Paste altered a number of lines around in this post.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
No Powell & Pressburger. Great.

A Matter of Life and Death and I Know Where I'm Going would have been most welcome.

Steve W

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
Very disappointed that Twilight Time isn't getting "The Boys from Brazil". The movie has one of the greatest scores ever written for a movie and it would have been terrific to get it as an isolated score.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Virgoan said:
Very disappointed that Twilight Time isn't getting "The Boys from Brazil". The movie has one of the greatest scores ever written for a movie and it would have been terrific to get it as an isolated score.

On the plus side, your wallet will be a lot heavier than it would be if TT released it :).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL is still readily available as a nice, region-free Blu from Amazon UK, about $12 or so.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Moe Dickstein said:
It's up to Criterion to upgrade I Know Where I'm Going and Sony owns AMOLAD, this is about ITV titles.
Both titles are owned by ITV in the UK.

I appreciate AMOLAD is Sony in the US (forgot that - apologies), but do Criterion still have IKWIG? It's been a long time.

Steve W

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
It's in print so yeah they still have it. Shout Factory license being discussed here is for the US so I made that assumption...

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Oops. I just ordered The Company of Wolves blu ray from amazon.co.uk yesterday (along with a dvd of Plunket & McLaine). I wish I'd see that list...

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Radioman970 said:
Oops. I just ordered The Company of Wolves blu ray from amazon.co.uk yesterday (along with a dvd of Plunket & McLaine). I wish I'd see that list...
I would be concerned about your UK purchase. The Blu looks fine, and contains a Neil Jordan commentary & other stuff which might not get ported over, plus it is an all-region disc.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I'm not sure how ITV works but they apparently don't do blanket contracts so Shout! only has the films ITC released theatrically in the 70s and early 80s. No Rank stuff = no Powell-Pressburger = no point whining about it.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Dick said:
I would be concerned about your UK purchase. The Blu looks fine, and contains a Neil Jordan commentary & other stuff which might not get ported over, plus it is an all-region disc.
You're probably right. I couldn't see canceling and waiting even if I could (it already shipped from UK). One of my favs and it's been so long. Cool thing is, only ever seen it on cable TV. should be amazing on blu.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am also happy with the UK Blu-ray of The Company of Wolves. I cannot imagine why I will need to repurchase (or regret this purchase) for it or the already released in the US The Last Unicorn. I just wish Peter Beagle would reap more rewards for that film... I also keep hoping for a live action version.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The Last Unicorn has a new 2k transfer that is on tour with author Peter Beagle present.
http://lastunicorntour.com/

This may be the reason for the new Blu-ray, and might even result in some additional bonus content. I do like the commentary which is between Beagle and his business manager on the current disc.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Lord Dalek said:
I'm not sure how ITV works but they apparently don't do blanket contracts so Shout! only has the films ITC released theatrically in the 70s and early 80s. No Rank stuff = no Powell-Pressburger = no point whining about it.
Ah, I was unaware it didn't include Rank stuff, many thanks.

Still, there's always a point in complaining that there's not enough Powell & Pressburger stuff on Blu-ray Disc. :D

Steve W

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks