What's new

Breaking: Shout Factory and ITV Studios Sign Multi-Film Deal: GREAT TITLES COMING! (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Holy Shit. I'm in Blu-ray heaven CASSANDRA'S CROSSING and VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED are a must along with just about every other title.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Thought Voyage was coming out from another micro-label anyway?

Anyway, I assume ITV is Lord Grade's domain? Would that include various APB films?
The Muppets, Gerry Anderson, and Steed & Peel are already spoken for, but what other rare titles would the ownership cover?--"Raise the Titanic"?
Scream Factory already let the cat out of the bag by dropping early hints of Saturn 3, so it'd be interesting to see what else is fair game.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
They have quite a bit, though a number of titles already reside with other distributors:
Keys to Tulsa (1996)
The Last Seduction (1994)
Century (1993)
Ed and His Dead Mother (1993)
Treacherous (1993)
Fear of a Black Hat (1993)
Trouble Bound (1993)
Wedlock (1991
Sam & Me (1991)
Whispers (1990)
Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael (1990)
Stepfather II (1989)
Coastwatcher (1989)
Without a Clue (1988)
A Summer Story (1988)
State Park (1988)
Whoops Apocalypse (1988)
Billy the Kid and the Green Baize Vampire (1987)
The Stepfather (1987)
The Fantasist (1986)
Robbery Under Arms (1985)
The Company of Wolves (1984)
Where the Boys Are '84 (1984)
The Evil That Men Do (1984)
The Dark Crystal (1982)
Sophie's Choice (1982)
The Last Unicorn (1982)
Barbarosa (1982)
On Golden Pond (1981)
From a Far Country (1981)
The Great Muppet Caper (1981)
Green Ice (1981)
The Legend of the Lone Ranger (1981)
Hard Country (1981)
Hawk the Slayer (1980) ... Production Company (as ITC Entertainment)
Borderline (1980)
Raise the Titanic (1980)
From the Life of the Marionettes (1980)
Saturn 3 (1980)
Dark Water (1980)
London Conspiracy (1980)
Bloody Kids (1979)
Killer Fish (1979)
Firepower (1979)
Escape to Athena (1979)
Love and Bullets (1979)
The Great Riviera Bank Robbery (1979)
Fatto di sangue fra due uomini per causa di una vedova - si sospettano moventi politici (1978)
Autumn Sonata (1978)
The Boys from Brazil (1978)
The Medusa Touch (1978)
The Big Sleep (1978)
Capricorn One (1977)
The Domino Principle (1977)
Cross of Iron (1977)
Come una rosa al naso (1976)
92 in the Shade (1975)
Russian Roulette (1975)
Man Friday (1975)
The Return of the Pink Panther (1975)
Dogpound Shuffle (1975)
The Tamarind Seed (1974)
The Possession of Joel Delaney (1972)
Madame Sin (1972)
Desperate Characters (1971)
The Firechasers (1971)
The Fiction Makers (1968)
To Chase a Million (1967)
Don't Forget to Wipe the Blood Off (1966)
Along the Mohawk Trail (1957)
The Pathfinder and the Mohican (1957)

And that's not counting all of the television stuff.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
cineMANIAC said:
Terrific news. Is THE EVIL THAT MEN DO part of the deal?
Hopefully we can finally have the extended director's cut released, which was only put on VHS.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
As noted in other threads, Shout would be a fool right now not to announce the real Lone Ranger movie on disk...
The timing and national disgruntlement are too perfect.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
LOVE AND BULLETS and RUSSIAN ROULETTE are twinned in an upcoming Shout DVD release. VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED is getting a Shout release, too. I believe Shout already put out THE STEPFATHER movies.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
JohnMor said:
Definitely a few titles I'll probably get, plus one must have for me: On Golden Pond.
Me too, but I'm going to wait on reviews. The HD transfer that I've seen on the cable channels recently leaves a lot to be desired.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Moe Dickstein said:
I'd say there's more a national apathy rather than disgruntlement...
(Yes, it was the same when I was watching some "What went wrong with this summers' box office?" segment on the morning news program the other day...
You can practically draw a dividing line at this point between those who didn't see Disney's Lone Ranger, and say "Maybe our sophisticated society doesn't remember the classic westerns...", and those who did see it and say, "Oh, good freakin' LORD!! He rode an elephant??" :lol:
I'm no defender of the '81, or perhaps that is to say, I was never that much of a defender of it before NOW...)

Erik_H

Stunt Coordinator
Great news, as I have been looking for Blu Rays of "On Golden Pond" and "Sophie's Choice" for a long time. Here's hoping that the "On Golden Pond" Blu Ray will include the making-of documentary featured on the special edition DVD.

"Voyage of the Damned" was announced a couple of months ago. A Blu Ray/DVD combo will be released in the US on September 24. According to Amazon, Shout is the distributor---nice to see the original theatrical poster used for the cover.

I have a copy of the UK (and region free) Blu Ray of "The Boys from Brazil" released by ITV---solid picture quality but no supplements other than the trailer.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Scorpion Releasing has a handful of those ITC titles under their belt and some others on the way. Obviously the library has been split up among several distributors but, bottom line, I'm glad these films are being reappraised. 2013 has become the year of the catalog film.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Ejanss said:
As noted in other threads, Shout would be a fool right now not to announce the real Lone Ranger movie on disk...
The timing and national disgruntlement are too perfect.
Uh they don't have the rights to the 1957 Clayton Moore Lone Ranger movie. :P

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
Rob_Ray said:
Has "The Tamarind Seed" ever been released in any video format in the US? Possibly on a fullscreen VHS, but certainly not laserdisc or DVD.
It was released on an Embassy VHS in 1984 but nothing since then. There was a non-anamorphic DVD released in the UK.

I never thought I would see this one released in the US on DVD or Blu-ray. It's one of my favorite movies, and definitely my favorite Blake Edwards film.

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
John Hodson said:
ITV seem determined to license out their back catalogue pretty much the world over rather than release them in the UK; there are a few on this opening list that were released a few years back, but as you say, since then, few and far between.
ITV released four titles on blu-ray in 2009 in the UK. I assume the reason they didn't release more is that they were disappointed in the sales, and decided that there wasn't a big enough market in this format to bother with.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I don't see it on the list of titles mentioned....but I'm hoping that Raise the Titanic comes out on blu-ray. The current american dvd is pan and scan of a scope film and the uk dvd is non anamorphic 2:35. We need a proper transfer for this fun film. fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks