What's new
World Wide Stereo

Bose sound bar (1 Viewer)

xxl2

Grip
Real Name
nic
Hi I need some advice I just bought a flat screen and i need some good speakers. My problem is i have limited space so lots of speakers wont work. I stopped in best buy and saw the bose sound bar . That looked good for what i need. My question is it worth the 1500 buck for it? Or should i look at orther brand that would be better or just as good. I just dont want to plunk money out for no reason

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Nic. If youre considering that kind of money for a sound bar I think you can do better than Bose. You might be interested in this thread where I recommend a Martin Logan sound bar and Hsu sub. This combo represents some of the best performance you will find in a sound bar application. You can get away with a lesser sub than what I linked, all the way down to a Hsu STF1 for $300 if $1500 total is a drop-dead budget for you (the ML sound bar is $1200 on Amazon). However I like a minimum sub of the VTF2 MK 4 for $549, THAT will get you all the way down to 18HZ and epic bass.
You might also find this Yamaha of interest that Sam recommended. Keep in mind that its 8" tall and is unlikely to fit on a shelf sitting in front of your TV without blocking the screen, wall mount will probably be required. Like the Martin Logan it also does not include a sub...
Both of these recommendations will eat a Bose system for lunch and simply, no, the Bose is not worth it when a ML/Hsu combo is available for roughly the same money.

xxl2

Grip
Real Name
nic
Also i think i might go in a diffrent direction. My room has lots of stuff in it. Dont know if the sound will reflect off all the objects.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by xxl2 /t/324788/bose-sound-bar#post_3996539
Tried one at best buy love it. Might get the sub later thanks

Tried one what? If you're referring to the Bose sound bar, it won't support the addition of a separate subwoofer, as it comes with a wireless "bass module".

What did you listen to when you heard it? Your own stuff? The loop that was playing at the store? Don't trust a demo where you didn't pick the material.

$1500 for a sound bar system whose performance must be SO GOOD that Bose doesn't even bother posting performance specs is, IMO, a very risky proposition.

All we know about the bass module is that it is 150 watts. They don't even list the SIZE of the woofer - probably 8", I'd be surprised if it's any bigger. 8" and 150 watts won't do squat.

In your original post you said you wanted "good speakers". I implore you to consider other options.

xxl2

Grip
Real Name
nic
Sorry i was doing to much at once. I ment i listend to the Martin Logan bar. That blew the bose away . That what i will be getting as well as a good sub VTF2 MK 4

xxl2

Grip
Real Name
nic
Sorry i was doing to much at once. I ment i listend to the Martin Logan bar. That blew the bose away . That what i will be getting as well as a good sub VTF2 MK 4

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by xxl2 /t/324788/bose-sound-bar#post_3996702

OK, that's a relief! You made a good choice.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I haven't heard the ML bar yet, but...I bet it will give a Yamaha YSP a run.
Yes, at the same price, the YSP is better for connectivity...
But I still bet the ML sounds better...
Connectivity and "overall" ability...Yamaha.
Sound(which is the primary reason to buy one of these things)...ML.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks