What's new

Blu-ray Wish List, Year by Year (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched The Cocoanuts last night. There are some scenes that are clear, clean, and upconvert nicely, but there aren't many of those. The film is alive with scratches: some that run the length of the frame and some that are small and appear all over the scenes in small places. On some scenes that were missing from the source used for the transfer, a lower generation of the scene had to be used, and those scenes are abysmal. But The Cocoanuts being so old is never going to look any better, I fear. It's still hilarious for the Marx madness and entertaining for the Harp and Chico instrument solos.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, don't we want Dracula as much as Frankenstein even if it's a more primitively shot film?

And, of course, City Lights which ranks near the top of my favorites of all time list.

Others:

Morocco

Cimarron

Little Caesar

The Public Enemy

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Jim K.: Yes to all of those. What great posters. I love the movie art from this era.... Getting ahead of ourselves, but I *love* Edward G. Robinson in Double Indemnity...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Grand Hotel, Shanghai Express, and from earlier years I left out The Love Parade so I don't want to forget 1932's Love Me Tonight.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
one more from 1932

white_zombie_web.jpg

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Didn't we just do 1933? Not too many I want from 1934... ...and it'd be nice to have a Starewicz set with his masterpiece The Mascot.

Frank Ha

Second Unit
Real Name
Frank Harrison
Even though we're on 1935 now, I just have to mentioned that It Happened One Night is one of my families favorite movies. I really, really would love to see it on Blu.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

The peak of Hollywood's Golden Age of daring dramas as the Production Code looms like a dark cloud on the horizon and Horror / escapist films continue to boom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks