What's new

Black Friday 2009 (1 Viewer)

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I have not seen a thread on this yet which makes me wonder if the economy is worse then I thought it was or if there are no good deals this year. I just started checking out the black Friday websites last night but I haven't decided what I am going to try and get this year. Any other Black Friday shoppers out there?

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I've been keeping up with it but haven't seen anything great this year. I've gotten much better deals already at a various one-day sales and specials than any of the leaked BF ads have.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
A guy I work with told me that Wal-mart is going to stay open all night and let lines form for the various early bird specials. He said that after the trampling death last year that this is a new policy they are going with to stop people from getting hurt. I don't know if he is correct or not. Anyone heard anything about new Black Friday policies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That would mean Walmart is going to be open on Thanksgiving? Seems like that's one of the few days they are usually closed (the others being Christmas and Easter).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

That would mean Walmart is going to be open on Thanksgiving? Seems like that's one of the few days they are usually closed (the others being Christmas and Easter).
Don't quote me but from what I read, they are open on Thanksgiving solely to prevent a repeat of last years' incident.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm getting almost daily emails from BlackFriday.info as the BF sales are revealed. We didn't go out last year; this year doesn't look good either. I have everything I need / what I want isn't on sale. But I look forward to sifting through all the ads next week to make sure there isn't a killer deal to get.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Maybe target unless i can get the Oz and Wind blu's online instead.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a FYI - I started the Black Friday 2009 thread for the usual HT-related items in the Bargains/Deals area.

Feel free to mention non-HT deals in this thread, or shopping strategies, or stories from braving the Black Friday crowds in this thread.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
http://bfads.net/ is a very good one and they usualy get cease and desist orders every year.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyD

http://bfads.net/ is a very good one and they usualy get cease and desist orders every year.
Good site. Used them in the past but forgot about it. Registered and bookmarked. Look forward to scrutinizing these this Wednesday on my day off :)

CRyan

Screenwriter
So far it looks like the only "good deals" are to be had at Walmart for anything more than a 32" TV. And thats too bad because there is just no deal that could get me in a walmart for black friday.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by TravisR ">[/url]

Don't quote me but from what I read, they are open on Thanksgiving solely to prevent a repeat of last years' incident.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [b]Malcolm R[/b] [url=/forum/thread/294962/black-friday-2009#post_3628803]

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by RyanAn /forum/thread/294962/black-friday-2009#post_3631067

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Meh, Its a lean year for 2009. I'm getting somebody a Super Mario bros. Wii, and everybody else who rates high enough to get a gift is getting booze (because at least people will drink the booze before they regift it). Since wii games and booze rarely go on sale I don't expect to do much shopping black friday.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm not wasting effort at a store. I'll do it online and sleep Friday. I've generally boycotted "black friday", this year more then most. Though, I always come back Dec. 27 and go straight through the stores for returns. Sometimes I snatch some sick bargains that way.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think I'll brave Walmart to score a $78 Magnavox Blu Ray player. Cheap way to put a toe into the BD waters (that and Netflix) without busting this year's very tight budget.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks