What's new

BioShock Movie in the works! (1 Viewer)

Najib_H

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the news!! Bioshock was one of my fav games of 2007! I hope they can make it as creepy and intense as the game.
I really wished Resident Evil would have gotten the same treatment but we all know what happened to that.....

AlexCremers

Second Unit
While my son was playing the game I noticed how the surroundings reminded me of Blade Runner. However, do we really need another movie where an experiment that has gone wrong shows a world full of infected ones?

Alex

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Well, I agree that i'm nearly zombie-movie'd out, but as they say, its not what you're about, its how you are about it. I think if they do it right and concentrate more on the tone and visual than the action movie aspect it could work.
Worth noting that the guy who directed House of Sand and Fog is preparing an adaptation of Atlas Shrugged also, so a Bioshock film would make an interesting double feature or companion film.
i have a feeling one or the other may do something visually similar to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
Also, given the sex in "atlas" and the violence "bioshock" I would think both would land in the R rating category.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
We still have hope for this movie?http://m.joblo.com/joblo/news/53463Edit: I believe the creator of the games, Ken Levine (or recently closed Irrational Games) don't own the rights to Bioshock. So it's up to Take-Two. Since Levine is now "gone", perhaps the deal is easier to make (message from Levine: "I’m handing the reins of our creation, the BioShock universe, to 2K.")

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I hope the director has not seen the Silent Hill movie. They could ruin this idea easily like they did that. Bioshock could be a surreal epic but it seems too much to ask. I'll just be happy to finally finish BS1. I have them all but can't seem to finish that one.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Bioshock Infinite is one of the best scifi movies I've seen in years, hindered only by the unnecessary "gaming" jammed into it. It's written for the big screen.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Haven't yet played Infinite, but the first Bioshock is a masterpiece (well, the last "fight" is very mediocre, but anyway) and B2 is probably one of the best sequels out there. These games just "get it": Great story/characters/atmosphere with drama, horror, action, surrealism, 1950s Americana, light rpg elements, etc.The possible movie could be great (meaning that certainly the groundwork is top notch), but if they hire someone like Lee Wiseman etc it could be pretty mediocre.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I thought the story of Bioshock worked so well because it was a game. I never played the sequel, but I enjoyed Infinite despite the fact that it was a lot more combat heavy than I would have liked. A film certainly could work well.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
DaveF said:
Bioshock Infinite is one of the best scifi movies I've seen in years, hindered only by the unnecessary "gaming" jammed into it. It's written for the big screen.
I thought it was written to be a board game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks