What's new

Bilingual Covers Question (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
VHS tapes do not contain French language tracks, therefore no bilingual covers are necessary. DVDs that do not contain French language tracks do not require bilingual covers either. Examples: Popeye, Better Off Dead, Jackass: The Movie (all Paramount) all have English-only covers because they do not contain a French language track.

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator

Really? Thats strange. I've bought all of the Star Trek SE's and the only one that I have with a Non bilingual cover is Star Trek III and I got that from Columbia House Canada. The other's were all from Amazon Canada.

But with Columbia House Canada, if Alliance Atlantis has the rights up here for the movie, you will get the Alliance Atlantis release with the bilingual cover.

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator
Bilingual Packaging was also imposed to curb massive exports of product to the USA (when the US dollar's exchange was good) and to cater the home video market in Quebec (which represents about 25% of the entire industry in Canada).

Why Universal Alliance Atlantis (which includes Dreamworks) and Paramount can't offer separate English and bilingual packaging (like the other studios), I don't know. They offer reversible bilingual packaging (which makes no sense).

Rob T

Screenwriter

Quebec seperating from the rest of the country is kind of imminent so I'm just looking for something good that would come of it. :)

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor

Have you heard the poll numbers laltely? Not many Quebecors see any reason to separate anymore, not do they see any benefit. Disater averted. (Even it meant giving Quebec way the hell more than it's fair share).

Rob T

Screenwriter

No. I'm not all that interested in Canadian politics even though I am Canadian.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Reversible bi-language covers would not be a problem but the way they have been implemented is unbeliebably STUPID.

You'd think they would put english on one side and french on the other. Right? Wrong. They put both languages on both sides but with the english/french french/english order reversed.

They look bloody ugly and unnecessarily dumb.

Scary thought: Someone got paid money to make that decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks