What's new

Big Shakeup With MST3K on DVD (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^^^ *screams like a schoolgirl*

Hopefully that's their way of thinking too. But judging by John's post they're on the right track. Those 2 episodes alone are worth the asking price in my book. My VHS of Werewilf has one bad spot on it when I was recording it off Sci-Fi. They only showed it a few times when I had the channel. That will be awesome. I only wish they would release this closer to the beginning of October.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
At the very least, if they do re-release the Rhino stuff (which, if they want to release the entire series, it's inevitable), hopefully they dont bundle the old stuff with the new stuff. Keep Manos and the Giant Gila Monster separate from Sampson in the Wax Museum and so on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

So either JohnS saw the catalog itself at the show, or else spoke to someone who's knowledge was solely based on the faulty catalog.

So no, there's no way to be sure those titles are included on either the already-announced 20th Anniversary release, or even on the one to follow a few months later. It's possibly someone's unrealized wish list, just used as a placeholder in some text that accidentally was sent to the printers.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
In a way, I'm saying "yay!" to this. While Laserblast would do well in the 20th set, much as I love Werewolf, I'd rather wait on that one and have another more significant film, say Crawling Eye or Soultaker take it's place.

I am also happy the beans haven't been spilled yet. THAT will come at Comic-Con International next month. Can't wait!

Oh and I am thrilled to get an "unoffical" confirmation that another volume is coming next year. Yay!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member

I just read the same thing on MST3KInfo.com. I was going to wait to order it from Deep Discount for the 20% sale next month, but when I saw this news, I put in an order at Amazon. Between Deep Discount canceling one of my backorders without warning and the fact that they bumped the price of the MST set $10 in the last three days (thanks jerks), Amazon -- which still has these available -- was my best call.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
I've been on the fence on which version to get. When I look at the pics of the limited edition, I keep thinking about the Forbidden Planet UCE from a few years ago -- a great big tin box holding a little figurine and the DVDs. It looks nice, but doesn't seem practical. Now that it's released, I'm interesting in hearing people's thoughts about it.

Joel C

Screenwriter
I wouldn't rush out to get the LE. The "regular" packaging is enclosed inside (four thin cases inside a rather plain slipcover). The tin is very thick -- about six inches. The Crow figurine is cute enough but the "lobby cards" are just reprints of the individual cover art on flimsy paper -- they should be postcards or something.

I probably paid $15 more than I would have for the set otherwise (I seemed to get the Rhino sets for around $30 every time) and I'm rather disappointed.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Thanks, that's what I was expecting. Since I'm only interested in the episodes (and I do have three of them that I recorded off-air back in the day), I'll wait for the regular edition.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the tin and the Crow figurine are neat but if you're only interested in the episodes, then you definitely should wait for the regular one. Especially since it should be out in two and a half weeks.

Wesley Ray

Grip
Real Name
Wes Ray
I too had my pre-order cancelled from DD, without an e-mail telling me why. Simply awful. I'll definitely be ordering the set from Amazon or someone else, and thanks to everyone's advice, I think I'll stick with the normal version instead of the LE.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Well, sounds like DD just over-sold. Those sold out really fast. Sort of wish they'd do a rerun of the LE. But f-it, I'll take the standard. Didn't want to spend the money now anyway and it'll be a little bit cheaper later anyway.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks