What's new

Big Shakeup With MST3K on DVD (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry

htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Enjoy, enjoy. For those who haven't seen this one you're in for one hell of a treat. Easily one of the top episodes. Sounds like the DVD has been well done with the return of the MST3K guys for an all new host bit. I simply can't wait to get my greasy little hands on this.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Those of you who don't know this.
On this upcoming release of Gila Monster that has a new opening with TV's Frank and Clayton Forester with Tom Servo and Crow.

Crow and Tom Servo have been supplied by former member of Caption This! and now part of the very popular HipSoda's Caption Crack Hipsoda's Caption Crack: That Doesn't Help at All, Does It?
(JoeCrow)who made replicas of them both.

If you're looking for me I'm Bokso

Hopefully those of you that remember Caption This, might know who JoeCrow is

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
Just pre-ordered my copy of the 20th anniversary set from Shout Factory. My only experience with their TV/DVD product is Seasons 1-2 of Ironside, which were great. Here's hoping they can add some more features on the MST3K discs than Rhino and can come out with more frequent releases.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Glad to see that's up for preorder. I'll wait until October and buy mine. Too much time and I need to do my usual price shopping. ;) Good times ahead!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
No one is revealing what's coming. But rumors abound. Everything from Laserblast to Soultaker. And Shout! is good with extras. This should be a big treat. I can't wait to see what will be on it. Soemthing tells me it willbe worth the $50 and then some.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Given it's the 20th anniversary, maybe it'll be something like Crawling Eye and Laserblast at least, given they were the first and last eps on CC.

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
Joel Hodgson, in a recent blog post at Cinematic Titanic, mentioned that he's getting ready to do press for the upcoming MST3K 20th anniversary release. Hopefully Shout got him and some of the other writers/performers together for some extras. Rhino had a great interview with Mike Nelson and Kevin Murphy on one of their DVD sets - maybe Shout can get more of the gang back together.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Well, we already know virtually the whole gang, if not the whole gang from Minnesota will be at Comic-Con in San Diego at a panel.

Given the four day passes are already gone, I think it'll be one of the most popular things there, especially since they'll probably announce the 4 movies at the panel.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Heh - thanks guys. So we know - well, pretty much nothing at the moment. Fair enough.

I only hope that Shout doesnt double up on the ground that Rhino already covered. I like the show, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to double dip my entire MST3K DVD collection.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I agree but another thing in favor of there not being much overlap between the two companies is that Shout will have to pay to license each movie again. Why spend money on licensing the same titles over again when that money could be spent on different titles and make the company look good (by not repeating titles) at the same time?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just finished attending EMA 2008 here in Vegas and Shout Factory was there.
I can CONFIRM two episodes of the four that will be on the 20th Anniv. set.

Laserblast
Werewolf

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks