What's new

Big Love ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
I loved how Jeanne Tripplehorn said what we all feel about Roman. Man is that character creepy.

MikeM

Screenwriter

And yet, everytime they show his ass I can't help but think of the line, "For Christ sakes would ya cover yourself?" (*takes off towel*) from Weird Science. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Even though they weren't doing anything. I felt very creeped when Chet walked in on his Nicki and her dad Roman. :eek:

Also, if I was Bill. I would find a way (if possible) to work out a deal on the 2nd store. Maybe, some kind of lump sum. I know he would probably say no. But, at least try to work it out. Seems to be causing more trouble than its worth.

Finally, between the weirdness of the 2 other wives. I think Barb is the only normal one.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
My question is, what's the deal with Marge and the son (Ben, I think is his name)?? Is she just really young or do they like, like eachother.

Roman is creepy. And its even creepier the way in which he interacts with his daughter.

Great episode. Looking forward to next week.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The deal with Margene and Ben is that she was his babysitter. I think they're just trying to illustrate how young she is.

I'm going to give the show one more week. Great actors, semi-interesting suburban soap twist...but, I'm not feeling compelled to watch. Yet.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I agree 100%. I found myself looking at the clock several times in this last episode. Although I'll probably give it more than one episode since the wifey seems to really enjoy it and we don't have too many shows in common.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Really?? Even after watching the third episode?? I really thought that the first two episodes served as most first few episodes of a new season do -- set the scene. But, the third episode had a clear sitcommy plot.

I was drawn in immediately

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
this show is alright, nothing special for me so far, but i continue to watch because i'm getting to know the characters, and it's on right after the sopranos. it's not a bad show, just not all that interesting. good acting.

CJ

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I thoughts last nights was pretty good.

Bill made a big mistake with wife #2.Finding out the past history of the families last night youd wonder why BIll would choose her. Doesnt seem to fit his responsible,practicle personality.

Favorite scene was wife #3 looking at herself in the mirror :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think he married wife #2 to help get money out of Roman for treatment of Wife #1 from Cancer. That's at least what the InDemand synopsis says. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
That's pretty much how I feel. I will also add that I just absolutely can't stand Chloe Sevigny. I can't quite put my finger on it, but every time she's on screen, I feel like I want to pull my teeth out with pliers and insert them in my rectum. And it's not just this show. It's everything she's ever been in.

DeeF

Screenwriter
Frankly, I'm more interested in the daughter and her potential lesbianism than every other thing in this show.

Of course, it does remind me of the youngest daughter on Six Feet Under -- she toyed with lesbianism, too.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Anyone know if they're gonna run a marathon with the first 4 episodes anytime soon? HBO often does this when a shortly after a series starts.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I'm pretty sure they already ran some sort of marathon last Saturday.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I missed some scenes near the end. Was something mentioned that the reason Roman is being a ball-buster regarding money from the 2nd store. Is that he is in debt from legal fees???

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

I don't think anything specific has been mentioned. I just take it as he is a rich and powerful man and he wants what most rich and powerful men want -- more power and more money.

Interesting on the preview for next week that it implies Roman will be upset with his son for mis-handling the Bill situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks