What's new

Beverly Hillbillies Season Sets? (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I just heard back that "Home for Christmas" will appear on a future release from MPI. I recommended that they include it in the first set, since collectors prefer volumes which contain the episodes in order when a full season set isn't offered.

Gord

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Gord. Well, no matter what they end up doing with the Christmas episode, it sounds like it'll be well worth it for a Hillbillies fan to pick up this set. As to my earlier posts, :b

BradleyK

Auditioning
Couldn't find it in Vancouver, either, Tom, but I see that it is available at C&L in Burnaby. That's the only place I was able to find the Petticoat Junction set.

I'm not able to post the URL, but the web address for C&L is thecnl.com.

Mark Oates

Supporting Actor
Got my copy of Beverly Hilbillies UC1, and I'm impressed. Print quality is streets ahead of the odd PD prints I've seen, and the episodes are completely uncut - they even have the after-title sponsors' bumper for Winston cigarettes. The pilot show and a short intro by Paul Henning's daughter are included on the first disc, and the fourth disc includes a short featurette about Paul Henning and the show, sponsor adverts for Winston cigarettes and Kellogg's cornflakes featuring the cast, an interview with Max Baer Jr, a CBS Color Preview presentation, and singing clips from a show I'm unfamiliar with (starring Roy Rogers) with Buddy Ebsen and Irene Ryan (who belts out a Granny version of W.O.M.A.N.)

Magical. As long as subsequent releases fill in the holes, I'm happy.

Only one thing about the color promo, and that's Jed's moustache is a normal colour - my first-ever memory of colour television was at a demo stand at the local Home and Beauty Exhibition. They were running The Beverly Hillbillies and Star Trek (Classic). Jed's moustache was distinctly green.

Maybe he had a cold...

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I finally have my copy, from C&L. No thanks to A&B Sound, Future Shop, HMV, etc...

Actually, I think my C&L copy was a advanced copy the company obtained before the 27th.

The following was a response I got from A&B Sound, when I asked them, "Why can't I buy this from your store."

Hello,
This link is to the currently available Beverly Hillbillies DVD's.
http://catalog.absound.ca/SearchProd...LY+HILLBILLIES
Sincerely,
A&B Sound Online
Customer Service Representative
Contact Information:
By E-mail
http://www.absound.ca/info/support/support.html
By Phone
Tel.: 1.604.605.4761
Toll Free (Canada / United States): 1.888.absound (1.888.227.6863)
Service Available Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (P.S.T.)
By Fax
Tel.: 1.604.605.4762
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected] ; [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 7:57 PM
Subject: Why can't I buy this from your store.

On Sep 27, 2005, at 7:54 PM, Tom McCafferty wrote:

> It was due for release Sept 27th of this week.
>
>

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks