What's new

Best webstites for Hometheater accesories, best ideas for gifts ?? (1 Viewer)

chris_everett

Second Unit
Mods, could you make this thread a sticky? It should help keep the number of repetitive threads down...

Thanks,

Ronald.H

Agent
It seems like I had found in one of these sites a motorized curtain rod with remote control. I can't find it now. Has anybody seen this or know where I can find it?

Thanks,

Ron

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Great job Glenise !

BUMP...BUMP...BUMP !

I am sick and tired of searching for this list everytime I want to buy something new for my Home theater.

I agree with Joe McCabe...

This post is awesome!!!

It should remain anchored in this forum, as it is immensely helpful for those building a HT.
BTW ...what exactly are Movie Mylars

Thanks Glenise for your hard work!

Signed

Ed O'Neill

Glenise

Supporting Actor
This is what a movie mylar is:
This is what you see above the door when entering a movie.
lightboxMylar.jpg

StandardTitleArtPg1.jpg

You can purchase movie mylars from
www.moviemylars.com
or
Ebay http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=233365&ssPageName=L2
I recommend getting the mylars from Movie Mylars Ebay auctions because they are cheaper that way!

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Thanks again Glenise!

Figures ....

I purched a hard plastic sign for $2.00 at a yard sale and I made a lightbox for it. The sign itself is 11.5"x80". The sign reads "TICKETS". It looks ok but now I may reconstruct so I can use these mylars If I can find the real big ones 20x90. Hey any suggestions on where to get the real big ones 20x90

Thanks for the info...and the extra work...LOL

No worries I love wood working, it's always been a hobby!

Signed

Ed O'Neill

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Well..I went and got me that hot dog mini cart at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I wasn't going to get it originally because I didn't think it was as big as it turned out to be. Wish I had 'cause it was about $15.00 cheaper back then. Still. using the 20% off coupon from BBB I save about 8 bucks.

anyhow..used for the first time last night and the results were ok. Takes QUITE a while to get really heated up...but it did cook the Sabrett's completely. I didn't use the other tray yet to steam buns or cook 'kraut..but overall it's cute and functional.

Thanks for posting this last year Glenise...otherwise I'd probably never known about this product.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Thanks...I love it too! The "WOW" factor on it is pretty high!!!

Footnote: From the same folks that make the Mini Hot Dog Cart, I got their Soft Serve Ice Cream Makers for Christmas. LOUD as hell..but work really well.

Chris_HA

Agent
BUMP. There are some great product ideas in this thread. There's still time for last minute gift ideas.

I'm leaning towards one of the Color Kinetics lights for theater/office mood lighting.

GREAT THREAD!

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
Found this thread again, forgot how great that list is!!!
Is there any way we can request that it be made a sticky? I see several people have already suggested it but doesn't appear any mods have been in this thread... feedback section?
It really is a PERFECT thread for a sticky in the Constructions/Interiors section!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks