1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Online DVD Retailers?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Pakula, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where to post this so I just posted it here. Im looking into importing a select bunch of DVDS because of the bilingual packaging issue here in canada. I would like to know which site has the best prices and service?. I usually would just order from Amazon but I would like to try another website this time around. Im thinking of trying either DVD Empire or DVD Planet at the moment. So what have you had the best experience with?.

-Mike

2. Scott Shanks

Scott Shanks Well-Known Member

Scott Shanks
    My favorite is www.deepdiscountdvd.com. But I will always check www.dvdpricesearch.com first just to make sure.

I haven't had any trouble with DVD Planet, but I've read about others that have. I've never ordered from DVD Empire.

Any relation to Alan Pakula?

3. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Well-Known Member

I've ordered from DVDPlanet, DVD Empire, Amazon.Com, Digital Eyes, Overstock.Com (stay away from Overstock!), CD Universe, BestBuy.Com, CircuitCity.Com, BestPrices.Com, Buy.Com and DeepDiscountDVD.Com. First pick would have to be DeepDiscountDVD. Never had problems with them. But like Scott said, check with DVDPriceSearch.Com first. You can even check with PriceGrabber.Com as well. Sometimes (rarely) their pricing might be off. Only ran into this twice. I've also had this problem with DVDPriceSearch.com but to come to find out, they update their system once a week. Good luck!

4. Shawn_Z

Shawn_Z Member

Why stay away from overstock.com? I was about to order something from them (not dvd's). Curious about your experience there.

5. Mike.B

Mike.B Well-Known Member

I stick to Amazon, and DeepDiscountDVD usually. I have also started using Columbia House more recently, especially since they dropped their base prices a while back and are much more reasonable. Especially if you buy several at a time to take advantage of their deals, like buy 1 get the rest at 50% off.

6. Ben LG

Ben LG Well-Known Member

I usually stick with Amazon to unless the price is too high. I like them for their no questions asked return policy. Half.com is a good too for like new DVDs at good prices.