What's new

BEST BUY - No WARNER titles 11/14 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

That's what has been said. Chris obviously has something against Best Buy, since no matter what evidence is supplied it seems to be their fault. I'm as pissed as he is. As a fellow HD DVD owner (and Best Buy employee), it is really frustrating to have to either buy from a competitor (with no employee discount) or wait until the damn thing comes in.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't say that I have a direct issue with BEST BUY....

I am saying that I can go to TARGET next door to Best Buy and get the HD-DVD's on street date.....

So, I guess my problem is why can TARGET get the disc's if BEST BUY can't....

These stores are just 300 yards apart.... I can walk across the parking lot.

As a Rewards Member I would rather do biz with Best Buy as I purchase other items from them.....

Dugger

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
So the question remains - why? Amazon gets them fine. Buy.com gets them fine. Fry's gets them fine. Some Targets get them fine, etc., etc. Why not Best Buy? It's not like they don't have equivalent purchasing power compared to these other retailers, and more than some of them. So if they are indeed ordering the product from Warner's distributors then WHY don't they get the titles?

I guess for me it doesn't really matter, because I can order non-combo Warner titles from Amazon for $17.95 shipped. At their price of $24.99 per disc, the only thing Best Buy is missing out on in my case is the occasional impulse purchase.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I went all over New York City looking for those titles: nope. Not in Virgin, not in Best Buy, not in Kim's. It's got to be a Warner thing.

I came home and ordered them from DVDEmpire.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
I've got two Best Buys that are almost exactly the same distance from me (about 4 miles).... one of them always has all the new HD-DVDs on the shelf on Tuesday. The other one might have one or two and won't stock the rest until later in the week or a week after release date. It definitely does seem to be something store to store.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
You might want to try J&R downtown. They usually have all the new releases.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

I wish I knew. I know that Best Buy places orders for Warner HD DVD's further ahead of the release date than they do for any of the other HD DVD manufacturers yet they still do not arrive on time.

Brent T

Second Unit
One reason is that Best Buy has a few more distribution points then Amazon. I have 3 BB's near me and I haven't seen any problems with the lack of Warner HD Discs.

JackKay

Second Unit
I couldn't find Forbidden Planet in HD-DVD at any Best Buy in my area. Two of them told me it was not even on order yet. Only one had the SD tin that a friend of mine was looking for. I ran into the same problem with another old movie a couple of years ago, Dinner at Eight. They did finally get it in but it was several weeks after release.

Finally got it at Fry's (I got the last of 3 they had received so it's not like it was waisting shelf space). Amazon, with its 10% discount for a year is looking more attractive all the time. Besides, I will be supporting a home town company.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks