What's new

BD American President, When? (1 Viewer)

Claude S

Stunt Coordinator
I read somewhere Warner Home Video was preparing The American President for release in Blu Ray but it was at least a year when I read the report. Does anyone have any idea when it will be released? I have nothing against movies like Dead Calm and Creepshow but why has movies like these come out recently in the format and not TAP. I consider the DVD version of The American President as one of the worst transfer ever from WHV and you would think they would have done something about releasing a anamorphic 16X9 Blu Ray and DVD by now. Everyone has been waiting a long time for this title and why Warner has not done anything about it by now is puzzling.

-Claude

Scott Jentsch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I agree. The American President has to be the worst DVD transfer that I own. It's an enjoyable movie that would resonate well with audiences again.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Is it worse than "The Godfather" on DVD? I love the movie, but it's the worst looking DVD I've seen yet. And the Blu-ray version is not much better.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Quote:Originally Posted by Jim Mcc

Not even remotely close to being true. The Godfather DVDs are a mess, but the Blu-ray is a completely new master and transfer that is considered top-tier.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Jim Mcc

Is it worse than "The Godfather" on DVD? I love the movie, but it's the worst looking DVD I've seen yet. And the Blu-ray version is not much better.
In the scene where they are playing pool, you can see the jaggies on the pool sticks! TAP on dvd is a horrible transfer.

Claude S

Stunt Coordinator
Jim Mcc,

I do not understand when you said "and the Blu Ray" is not very much better" when THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT was not yet released in the high definition disc format.

-Claude

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Claude S

Jim Mcc,

I do not understand when you said "and the Blu Ray" is not very much better" when THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT was not yet released in the high definition disc format.

-Claude
I'm fairly sure that he was asking if The American President DVD looked as bad as The Godfather DVD and that The Godfather Blu-ray didn't look much better than its DVD counterpart. I couldn't tell you why he thinks that though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks