What's new

B5 creator writes new Trek treatment.... (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree Mediocre or Bad Trek Television and Movies haved soured the public more than anything else. If a series came along that forged the future while still embracing and honoring the past I think the fans (and there are alot of them) will flock to see it. If People were tired of Trek then the DVD sets would'nt be big sellers, Paramount would'nt be rereleasing TOS or thinking about releasing the animated shows.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree Mediocre or Bad Trek Television and Movies haved soured the public more than anything else. If a series came along that forged the future while still embracing and honoring the past I think the fans (and there are alot of them) will flock to see it. If People were tired of Trek then the DVD sets would'nt be big sellers, Paramount would'nt be rereleasing TOS or thinking about releasing the animated shows.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I take this news with a grain of salt, not because I don't think it is true, because I do think so, but because all this seems to be is a pitch for a show.

It doesn't mean 1) that JMS is going to run the show 2) that the concept will survive intact (As what has happened to the last two shows.)

It will take more than this to convince me.

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well, I take this news with a grain of salt, not because I don't think it is true, because I do think so, but because all this seems to be is a pitch for a show.

It doesn't mean 1) that JMS is going to run the show 2) that the concept will survive intact (As what has happened to the last two shows.)

It will take more than this to convince me.

Jason

PaulBigelow

Stunt Coordinator
Star Trek doesn't need to "go away" for awhile. If some people are claiming to be tired of it are they *really* going to come back if something else shows up?

People change, tastes change and maybe they're tired of Trek, period.

To me, a good show is a good show and there are precious few these days.

I enjoyed STNG, DS9, thought Voyager was a bit weak, and am enjoying Enterprise.

PaulBigelow

Stunt Coordinator
Star Trek doesn't need to "go away" for awhile. If some people are claiming to be tired of it are they *really* going to come back if something else shows up?

People change, tastes change and maybe they're tired of Trek, period.

To me, a good show is a good show and there are precious few these days.

I enjoyed STNG, DS9, thought Voyager was a bit weak, and am enjoying Enterprise.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've long wondered what my own attitude would have been had Star Trek maintained the consistently good-to-excellent level it maintained during the glory days of the TNG/DS9 era. Really. Had neither Voyager nor Enterprise come along, had Berman and Braga moved on to other things (the way most people do), had new things been tried, had a genuine SF influence taken hold, and on and on.

Really.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've long wondered what my own attitude would have been had Star Trek maintained the consistently good-to-excellent level it maintained during the glory days of the TNG/DS9 era. Really. Had neither Voyager nor Enterprise come along, had Berman and Braga moved on to other things (the way most people do), had new things been tried, had a genuine SF influence taken hold, and on and on.

Really.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Because a lot of damage has been done and I dont think you will get people back.

Note to Paramount. How about creating a new show to make money?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Because a lot of damage has been done and I dont think you will get people back.

Note to Paramount. How about creating a new show to make money?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The question is, could they keep it up? The odds are usually against it. I think the decent of Trek was unavoidable, considering how long it has gone on without a break.

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

The question is, could they keep it up? The odds are usually against it. I think the decent of Trek was unavoidable, considering how long it has gone on without a break.

Jason

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Jason Birzer wrote (post #12):

I, for one, never thought that any of this meant he would run a Trek show from day to day. He's far too busy, it seems, with his many other projects for that. But I have zero trouble believing that Paramount executives would approach him to write "treatments" for future Trek series. After all, they probably also have their eyes on Babylon Five's DVD sales figures.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
Jason Birzer wrote (post #12):

I, for one, never thought that any of this meant he would run a Trek show from day to day. He's far too busy, it seems, with his many other projects for that. But I have zero trouble believing that Paramount executives would approach him to write "treatments" for future Trek series. After all, they probably also have their eyes on Babylon Five's DVD sales figures.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Nor do I, but the way this story has gotten blown up may give the impression that he might to some. Personally, I can't see him doing it, since it would be so...limiting for him.

I guess I blame the sites which have blown what seems to be a non-story into something more than that.

Jason

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Nor do I, but the way this story has gotten blown up may give the impression that he might to some. Personally, I can't see him doing it, since it would be so...limiting for him.

I guess I blame the sites which have blown what seems to be a non-story into something more than that.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks