What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Awesome! Magnum P.I. Season One Coming This Summer (1 Viewer)

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
When it was syndicated in my area (on KOFY TV-20), the first 8 episodes of season 1 had the old theme.

I hope they keep the old theme for the old episodes. I'm a purist and want them as they originally aired.

-Lyle J.P.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Replacing the theme wouldn't be enough - they would have to use the entire different opening and that would just be wrong.

Personally I liked the original opening better - so I hope Universal will do as good a job on this set as they did with Quantum Leap.

By the way - what about the music?

Magnum used a LOT of songs - here's a partial list:

http://www.islandhoppers.de/music.php

Any news on whether any of it will be replaced?

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think the music will be intact. There was a lot of songs used in knight rider aswell and they were all there. :)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I always remember the entire first season having the theme and then season 2 with the new theme. But Lyle may have hit on something perhaps my memory is playing tricks on me and it was only on the first 8 episodes. Someone mentioned it was only the pilot that had the old theme but i know that is not correct.

MattHR

Screenwriter

The music in "KR" was all "cover" music. I don't think there was any original music used.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I've found it - the first eleven episodes featured the original opening with the original theme. Episode twelve was the first with the new opening.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Matt: your exactly right they were covers my mistake. I dunno how that got by me all these years. So the songs they covered were brand new songs at that time most of them anyway. Talk about being cheap but i guess it worked it fooled me.

Well i guess i can use better examples of quantum leap and northern exposure having there music intact and hopes it will turn out to be the case with magnum.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Sven: nice job finding that may i ask what site you found the info at? so the first 11 orginal and the final 6 new. As i think there are only 17 first season episodes. It works for me !

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Is Universal sending out screeners? If so, has anyone found any reviews yet? DVD-Basen doesn't list any yet, but sometimes they don't catch all of the reviews for a while.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I hope to post my review tonight. I was going to try and get it done yesterday, but....well...I'm a slacker!

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Gord: I don't think your slacking. You are probably just enjoying magnum to much to stop and write a review :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No, I slacked last night, I admit it. I got home and started playing with Skpye ('Net telephone program from the makers of KaZAa - http://www.skype.com). Then I realized it was 11:00 and I had to head to bed! I'll be sure to get my work done BEFORE playing tonight ;)

Gord

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Gord: heh ... just read your review nice job and i am really glad to hear you liked it even more today as back then. I have tried to tell this to some people i know and they just write it off as something that they liked as a kid etc.. I can't wait until tuesday to pick this up. Thanks for the Review!

When they finally get around to casting that magnum movie. Forget clooney and everyone else. Tom Selleck was, is and always will be Magnum give him the role allready!

Jim-M

Second Unit
I agree with Gord in his review about the show holding up well after more than 20 years. I've taped some episodes off the Hallmark channel recently and have been pleasantly surprised to see that I enjoy it just as much now as I did when it originally aired. The character of Magnum liked to have his fun, but when you get down to it he was a very decent and honorable man. I'm looking forward to receiving my pre-order of Season 1.

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Today's Best Buy flyer says it's out on Tuesday at a price of $47.99. How much do you want to be that its delayed up here just like Dallas was?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Why get it from Best Buy when Amazon (both .com and .ca) and Deep Discount DVD have it cheaper?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I might as well mention this: There is NO booklet with the set, though there is a holder for one. Universal included a brochure with some of their upcoming TV titles.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks