What's new

Arrow (Season 3) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great stuff last night. Yes, the Flash team brought some much-needed levity to the Arrow group. There should be more of that.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Matt Hough said:
I couldn't tell any major changes Cisco brought to the Arrow outfit? What did I miss?
He made the outfit lighter, made of kevlar, more storage capabilities and it looked greener to me as well.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Gary Seven said:
He made the outfit lighter, made of kevlar, more storage capabilities and it looked greener to me as well.
Thanks. I do remember the kevlar remark now that you mention it. I'll keep a close eye on the costume next week.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
A very fun followup to the Flash episode. This one made great use of both teams - not an easy trick with so many cast members.
Barry doing the Salmon Ladder at Flash speed was a fun visual.

Barry gave Oliver a much needed different perspective view about himself.

The issue with Oliver still remains though that he is a murderer. No matter how much Oliver is able to reform his act - those crimes will always exist.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Arrow had its best ratings ever with last night's episode, and the Flash did well too on Tuesday. I expect we'll see more crossovers.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Lou Sytsma said:
I hope so!
I do, too. Each cast brought something fresh and interesting to the other show, and there's a lot of chemistry going on with various characters from each show.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great mid-season finale. Leaving Oliver stabbed through the gut, throat crushed, dying on a rocky outcropping is certainly a hell of a (literal) cliffhanger. I can't wait to see how he gets out of it.

I also thought Thea was far and away the most interesting choice to be Sara's killer. It makes it more directly personal to Oliver than if it had been anybody else. The only caveat is that I kind of wish she hadn't been acting under the influence of a mind control drug. It would have made Thea more interesting if she had to live with the consequences of her decisions like Oliver has. I did like the fight between Thea and the Arrow, with Thea having no idea that the Arrow is her brother. This sort of story for her is so much easier to care about than yet another young guy that wants to get in her pants.

Man, when you see Malcolm Merlyn's end game, you understand just how stone cold of a person he really is. He turned his daughter into a killer to save his own neck, and he bet both of their lives on the fact that Oliver's love for her could overcome Ra's al Ghul's lethal skill.

The plot of this season is a little bit like Rocky III, and Chubber Lang has just knocked Rocky out to claim the title. It'll be interesting to see the back half of the season. Presumably Oliver survives somehow, and now he's got to become a different kind of fighter to take Ra's al Ghul down. He can't beat Ra's at his own game. He has to make Ra's play his game.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, I'd be surprised if the Lazarus Pit wasn't used to save/revive Oliver. Since Ra's made the statement about it being 67 years since someone challenged him, we can be pretty sure that there is an actual Lazarus Pit used by Ra's in this universe. The question I have is who will put him in it? His friend from Hong Kong? Ra's's's's daughter?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would like them to introduce Talia as Nyssa's younger sister. Nyssa has much (though nowhere close to all) of her father's fighting ability, but none of his cunning. I'd like an adversary for Team Arrow whose mind is her greatest weapon.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Man, when you see Malcolm Merlyn's end game, you understand just how stone cold of a person he really is. He turned his daughter into a killer to save his own neck, and he bet both of their lives on the fact that Oliver's love for her could overcome Ra's al Ghul's lethal skill.
I really did not like this resolution of the death of Sara. I just feel manipulated by the whole plotline.

We have over a month to wait to see how he is brought back from Z'Ha'Dum. I can't imagine anything other than the Lazarus Pit, but we have to wait.

Unless they had a bow and arrow there, Oliver didn't have chance to win the battle against Ra's.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
The fight scene choreography was very good.
One thing I liked about the fight scenes in this episode is that they tracked with the development we'd seen of the characters. Thea is a very good fighter who had an excellent teacher, but against a man who was hardened into steel over five years of hell and then has been fighting armed criminals in the streets ever since, she's not really much of a threat -- and wasn't.

Oliver is obviously an exceptional fighter, but swords aren't his weapon of choice, and against a man who has been the greatest fighter alive since before Oliver was born, Oliver isn't really much of a threat -- and wasn't. He got in a couple good licks, challenged Ra's in ways he probably hasn't been challenged in a very long time, but Ra's dominated that fight pretty much from beginning to end. And given the information we'd been presented, it made sense that that was so.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
My Wild Theory.

Ollie dies and in the afterlife meets an Hindu goddness named Rama Kushna who tells him that
his time on earth is not yet done.
Rama grants Ollie the power to controll people actions.
In graditude Ollie calls himself, DeadArrow. ;) :D

The design of the ATOM suit was cool. Hope it looks as good on Ray Palmer.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Arrow has been renewed for a fourth season.

Also, as suspected, the Flash/Arrow crossover will be an annual thing.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/11/arrow-and-the-flash-to-have-annual-crossover-event/

The CW is considering another Arrow/Flash spinoff, and it sounds like the Atom has a chance.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/11/cw-arrow-flash-spin-off/

And since Oliver has "fallen," expect Laurel to suit up as Black Canary in his absence.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/11/arrow-black-canary-steps-up-now-that-oliver-has-fallen/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks