Arrow (Season 3)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Richard Travale, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I know we are still quite some time away from season 3 starting, but with ComicCon, comes series trailers…and this one’s a doozy. They reveal the “Big Bad” of season 3, and I’m pretty stoked about it.

I wonder if we will see Barry Allen at all this season?

Here’s the link to the trailer

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Embedded for convenience:

Richard Travale and Sam Favate like this.
  3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Yes, they are already planning two crossovers.

4. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Ockeghem likes this.
  5. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    By the look of the trailer, I’d say she will be very much involved this season.

6. ponset

ponset Stunt Coordinator

scott
  7. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
  8. Adam Lenhardt

arrow-S03.jpg
    The CW's synopsis of the first episode:
    OLIVER SEARCHES FOR AN IDENTITY BEYOND THE ARROW — With crime in Starling City at an all-time low thanks to the Arrow (Stephen Amell) and his team, Oliver thinks he can finally balance being both the Arrow and Oliver Queen and asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) out on a date. However, when a new villain (guest star Peter Stormare) emerges, who has claimed the name Vertigo from the recently deceased Count, Oliver is caught off-guard and someone close to him is hurt. Oliver and a newly suited up Roy (Colton Haynes) take on the Count. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) becomes a father, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is promoted to Captain, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) joins Arrow’s inner circle and Felicity gets a part-time job at a tech store to make ends meet. Also, Oliver fights to regain his company, Queen Consolidated, but comes up against a very worthy opponent – the charming Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh). Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn (#301). Original airdate 10/8/2014.

9. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    I really like this poster, honestly. It's foreboding and reminds us what Ollie has sacrificed to do what he needs to do in Starling.

10. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Ockeghem likes this.
  11. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    "Glad to see him mention that Caity Lotz will be around for at least a handful of episodes.":) :) :)

12. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer
    Supporter

David
    Just a handful?

13. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Whoa.
    I guess the rest of Caity Lotz' episodes will be flashbacks.
    Dammit.

14. DaveHof2

DaveHof2 Second Unit

David Hofstede
    They just seem determined to wallow in misery on this show. I like the series but enough is enough. You don't have to constantly put your characters through hell. No wonder "Flash" seemed like such a breath of fresh air.

DavidJ likes this.
  15. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    They started once again with that business with Oliver taking the blame for his and everyone else's misery, and I just rolled my eyes. These people are adults and can and will make their own decisions. No reason on earth for any intelligent person to constantly think that everything that goes wrong is always his fault.

That ending took me completely by surprise! Malcolm Merlyn? Thea? Raul (or however you spell the name of the man Liam Neeson played in Batman Begins)?

Glad to see that Roy has been a proficient student. He wasn't used much, but what he did was very effective. Brandon Routh should be a fun addition and maybe lighten the mood just a bit.

16. Ockeghem

Ockeghem Ockeghem

Scott D. Atwell
    :( But thanks for the information Sam.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Bummer, but not totally unexpected, just the time table, I guess.

18. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Sort of an underwhelming premiere episode in some ways. I had to roll my eyes at Lance coming alone with no backup in his physical condition. I guess it is expected in the genre though. Didn't really care for Roy's acrobatics in some of the scenes as they just weren't necessary for the tasks at hand - especially the twirling dismount before taking down the truck in the opening scene. Just completely not required. Oh well. Didn't really care for the drugged darts. I'm supposed to believe that a 61 year old man can hit the Arrow with a hand thrown dart? Seemed preposterous. I hope that the bomb squad came along - because if Roy stopped spraying the freon on the bomb wouldn't the timer thaw and then continue and detonate the explosives?

I enjoyed Diggle as a new dad and Brandon Routh's time on screen in the episode. Have to agree with Matt that he (Routh) should lighten the tone of the series a little bit in his scenes.

The final scene really caught me by surprise, although these days I suppose I should not be surprised as it seems like the final scene is employed increasingly for these types of moments. Kind of sucks, but what can you do?

- Walter.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Pretty much you knew Oliver's foray into 'happiness' was going to be short-lived...

20. Adam Lenhardt

I was half-asleep when I watched this last night, so I might be reading this wrong, but it sure seemed like they brought Sara Lance back for the sole purpose of killing her off. It would have been far better to keep her off-screen the League of Assassins until the story and Caity Lotz's availability allowed for a more fitting final send-off.It doesn't help that neither the Laurel character nor Katie Cassidy's performance in the role appeal to me at all. It always just seemed like she was slotted in at the beginning as a factory-made love interest for the main character. Contrast that with Felicity and Sara, who both developed far more organically as characters. Basically, if they had to kill off one character, I'd rather it have been Laurel.

DavidJ and Matt Hough like this.