1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Are the Universal Monsters coming back?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ric Easton, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Well-Known Member

I didn't know these things were being pulled from the shelves until they were gone. I would love to get The Mummy, Invisible Man and Creature from the Black Lagoon. Any word on when or if they are coming back?

-Ric

2. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Well-Known Member

Ric,
    I don't know 100% for certain, but I believe they will be re-issued-at a cheaper price-this fall, in time for Halloween.

3. MaxY

MaxY Guest

They are gone for good, the only way to get them now is to pay the extreme high prices on E-bay, so in order to help you out, I am willing to sell you mine at the low low cost of $100 EACH. [​IMG]
    Actually I think they will be re-released in the fall with some new ones as well.
    Max

4. Sarah S

Sarah S Well-Known Member

I hope they will. I'm missing almost all the double-features as well as Creature. Right now, I plan on keeping a watch at my local used shops.

5. Bob Graham

Bob Graham Well-Known Member

I'm cerain they will come back. Universal owns these characters outright and they consistently generate a tremendous amount of money on licensed products. U will have to have the films out there on DVD to keep priming the cash cow.

BTW, I was able to fill in the holes on my collection of the first series through Columbia House. I picked up THE WOLF MAN, THE INVISIBLE MAN and THE CREATURE from them last month. Check there if you are having trouble finding them (they are even available for enrollment)

6. Jim_K

Jim_K Well-Known Member

7. Randy B A

Randy B A Well-Known Member

I have the box set of the clasic monsters. I hope they do a box set of the double featureed DVDs. That would look good on the rack along with my abott and costello meet the monsters DVDs.

8. Ric Easton

I was slowly collecting these. I have all the Frankensteins, The Wolf Man and Dracula, but there are so many more I wanted to pick up. I hope we hear official word soon, or it may be back to Ebay or Columbia House for me!

Ric

9. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

Perhaps Universal might see fit to give us some additional monster flicks such as the rest of the Creature movies & the one that really should be available "The Incredible Shrinking Man"![​IMG]

10. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Well-Known Member

Never say never again. I'd bet my left gonad that the Universal Monsters will rise again on dvd at some point. That said, the current discs are really nice.

11. George_Reis

George_Reis Well-Known Member

A spokeswoman got back to me regarding Universal's Halloween plans, and she let me know that there were no more new-to-DVD monster films planned for this year. Universal's Halloween schedule (slated for August) was made up of mostly VHS reissues.

12. MaxY

MaxY Guest

My Offer of $100 Each still stands.
    And if you go for 5 or more then I will sell them at $75 each. [​IMG]
    Just kidding. I think ummm but make me an Offer. [​IMG]
    I surprised they aren't selling all over EBay yet?

13. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Well-Known Member

Disappointing![​IMG]

14. Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell Well-Known Member

Damin J. Toell

15. Ric Easton

Max,

I'll give you 30 bucks each for Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Mummy and The Invisible Man.

That's a whole 2 cents above SRP!

-Ric

16. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg

17. MaxY

MaxY Guest

It is going to take more then a few cents profit, to get them out of me. [​IMG]
    Seriously, I would not sell mine unless someone offered something crazy. Everything is for sale, the main question is at what price.
    Max

18. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Well-Known Member

I just picked up Phantom of the Opera from CH to meet one of my fullfillment seclections for joing the DVD club. Earlier I picked up all of the Classic Monsters that I did not already own. It seems though now all they have is Phantom in stock along with A&C Meet Frankenstein which I don't think was put OOP.

J

19. Tom B. Stones

Tom B. Stones Well-Known Member

I was one of those who nabbed a copy of the box set from Amazon at the last moment, having been alerted to their disappearance right here. Now I see a "trade rumor" that some of the titles may be issued in Britain - along with at least one (and here it gets most interesting) which was not out in the US, "The Raven". Could "The Raven" also be coming to R1? (And how about "The Black Cat" while you're at it, Universal?)
    Link: http://www2.r2-dvd.org/article.jsp?s...articleId=4280 .
    I took hope recently from the R1 release of "It Came from Outer Space" in a pleasing edition, but I too am crying out for "The Incredible Shrinking Man".

20. Jay E

Jay E Well-Known Member

What a shame that Universal isn't releasing anymore catalog Horror films this year. Well, I guess some of my lasers will enjoy a longer viewing lifespan in my house.