What's new

Anyone been scammed by a single Russian Woman? (1 Viewer)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
If you could post the e-mail headers from those e-mails, I'm sure someone here could tell you with pretty good accuracy where they came from.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
If you could post the e-mail headers from those e-mails, I'm sure someone here could tell you with pretty good accuracy where they came from.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Perhaps not, but the fact that she didn't ask for additional funds from the new location is, I think, a little encouraging.

She didn't ask for more money, right, Blu? Please tell us you didn't send her more money...

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Perhaps not, but the fact that she didn't ask for additional funds from the new location is, I think, a little encouraging.

She didn't ask for more money, right, Blu? Please tell us you didn't send her more money...

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

3 other women. Her fellow scammers? She is trying to make you feel sorry for her because of her "difficult" and long travels.

No good will come of this.

What do they always say? If it sounds too good to be true it usually isn't. And a sucker born every minute?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

3 other women. Her fellow scammers? She is trying to make you feel sorry for her because of her "difficult" and long travels.

No good will come of this.

What do they always say? If it sounds too good to be true it usually isn't. And a sucker born every minute?

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
Blu - just keep a sense of humour about this. If it does work out that's great. If not, a small monetary price to pay for a life lesson and you have a bunch of friends on HTF rooting for YOU!

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
Blu - just keep a sense of humour about this. If it does work out that's great. If not, a small monetary price to pay for a life lesson and you have a bunch of friends on HTF rooting for YOU!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Keep in mind though... According to that "black list" link posted a while ago, one man did get the woman to visit him in the States, and she left him behind, running off with $15k of the guy's money...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I asked about this earlier, and I think doing this would be the best way to know what's up. As Ricardo mentioned, it could be real with something worse happening later like that particular story he referenced.

Blu, I hope this works out, this is the new Antonio show for some of us. I'm hoping that this is real, not just because that would mean your money wasn't lost, or that you end up happy, but this really could get a lot worse which is why I'm hoping this is real.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Could I borrow some money Blu? :D

Seriously, having done the internet dating thing, and having met someone from a long distance, the only question I can ask you is this...

Have you AT LEAST spoken on the phone?!?! PLEASE tell me you've spoken on the phone!!! At least ONCE! I'm suprised that no one has asked this yet...

Personally, the second someone were to ask me for a dime, I'd sever contact. It's too fishy. If they don't have $234 to pay for a ticket, then that implies that they're flat out broke... and who is their right mind would travel if they didn't have a penny to their name? Did you bother to think of this? You're screwed either way - it's either a scam, or s(he)'ll show up at your door and expect you to support them. With that in mind, for your sake, I hope it's a scam. I expect the former ($234 down the shitter) to be a lot less painful & expensive than the latter...

Next time, pay close attention to those alarm bells... they're going-off for a good reason! Don't wait until the fire burns your ass to start paying attention.

Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks