What's new

Anyone been scammed by a single Russian Woman? (1 Viewer)

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Wow. An HTF board and not a mention of 'Birthday Girl'. Or did I miss it?

Either way, be wary (don't we all have to be!), but I hope like hell that it works out for you. Good luck. And as always keep us posted.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Wow. An HTF board and not a mention of 'Birthday Girl'. Or did I miss it?

Either way, be wary (don't we all have to be!), but I hope like hell that it works out for you. Good luck. And as always keep us posted.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, we have evidence of the exisence of at least 1 man in the US who is legitimately looking for women on the other side of the planet... ;)

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, we have evidence of the exisence of at least 1 man in the US who is legitimately looking for women on the other side of the planet... ;)

--
H

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

No, I don't think anyone did, somewhat surprisingly. I chalk that up to the fact that not only did it suck, it also sucked in a very uninteresting way, i.e. you can't watch it with a "so bad it's good" mentality. It's just boring and unimportant in every way.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

No, I don't think anyone did, somewhat surprisingly. I chalk that up to the fact that not only did it suck, it also sucked in a very uninteresting way, i.e. you can't watch it with a "so bad it's good" mentality. It's just boring and unimportant in every way.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would caution about being too focused on people from one nationality or ethnic group and lumping them all into one category. Hitler already tried that.

There are people from all nationalities and ethnicities looking to exploit those who are either gullible enough, or needy in some facet of their lives to fall for their scams. It is important, especially with the internet, to verify who you are really dealing with. That hot (insert nation here) woman on the other end of the email could be a guy working out of his basement in Cleveland. Cons know no geopolitical boundaries, any more than they adhere to moral or ethical principles.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I would caution about being too focused on people from one nationality or ethnic group and lumping them all into one category. Hitler already tried that.

There are people from all nationalities and ethnicities looking to exploit those who are either gullible enough, or needy in some facet of their lives to fall for their scams. It is important, especially with the internet, to verify who you are really dealing with. That hot (insert nation here) woman on the other end of the email could be a guy working out of his basement in Cleveland. Cons know no geopolitical boundaries, any more than they adhere to moral or ethical principles.

mark alan

Supporting Actor

I don't consider Nicole Kidman tied to a bed to be boring and unimportant:D The movie itself sucked, but......

mark alan

Supporting Actor

I don't consider Nicole Kidman tied to a bed to be boring and unimportant:D The movie itself sucked, but......

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If she asks you for more money, I think you have your answer.

And if this does turn out to be a scam, don't feel bad.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
If she asks you for more money, I think you have your answer.

And if this does turn out to be a scam, don't feel bad.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

So the next time I get an e-mail from Africa wanting me to help get some money out of the country I shouldn't automatically assume it's a scam?

I'd have to say that this is a scam. To come up short by $234 sounds odd. Definitely cut off all communication if she asks for more money.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

So the next time I get an e-mail from Africa wanting me to help get some money out of the country I shouldn't automatically assume it's a scam?

I'd have to say that this is a scam. To come up short by $234 sounds odd. Definitely cut off all communication if she asks for more money.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Tell her you have money waiting for her, when in reality you don't.
Give her a fake Western ID number and she'll be a fool trying to get money thats not even there.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Tell her you have money waiting for her, when in reality you don't.
Give her a fake Western ID number and she'll be a fool trying to get money thats not even there.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

What makes you think it comes from Africa? This is the internet. It could be your neighbor.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

What makes you think it comes from Africa? This is the internet. It could be your neighbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks