What's new

Any British HTF members out there? (1 Viewer)

Huw Williams

Agent
Most of the people on the HTF seem to be American folk, but I was wondering how many of us are actually from the U.K, as I often feel 'left out' with talk of meets with visits to studios and huge 'meets'.
Perhaps we could encourage more correspondance between us?
I know Rob G and Dan B are admins from Britian, but who else?
Make your mark!

Russell_Lengthorn

Auditioning
Hi Huw,
I live in London and I agree with you about feeling a little 'left out', but I suppose there is not too much in the way of 'studios' for us to visit over here. Pinewood and Shepperton are spaces the American studios rent tomake films in.
Ah well, at least we don't have to worry so much about P&S releases in the UK with the high adoption of Widescreen TV sets. :)
Russell

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
More than we can shake a stick at. And we've really been shaking that stick.
Thankfully, we've managed to keep that Christou fellow over there. On the negative side, he's managed to thwart my plans to import his German girlfriend.
------------------
Chris Beveridge
Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Well I'm from west London, does that count?
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Eric Scott

Second Unit
I think many of the British members covertly sign in from Texas, because there seems to be an abnormally high ratio to population of Texans!
BTW, there are rumors that the Christou fellow is not from London but is actually from El Paso!
crazy.gif

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Well, I'm not British but I've been living here since the beginning of the year with four more months left on my contract. I miss my HT back in Mpls
frown.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I work for a British company for stuff on a British aircraft, does that count?
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES! Link Removed
Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
Wanna Link Removed

Huw Williams

Agent
This thread is starting out quite well
I was mostly looking for UK based members to talk about items related to our country. Good widescreen adoption is an example of what I mean.
But if there are any ex-pats in USA (or wherever) who want to give a perspective on living else-where then please add to the thread.
I was going to try and use this thread to eventually try and get a U.K meet organised. I've talk to Rob G briefly, but as he says, there aren't many studios or shops like Dave's Laser in the UK to go to.
Any good ideas anyone?
Cheers

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
I'm yet another UK member here; there really are a fair few. Anyway, the main reason I put my oar in was to point out that if you feel 'left out' about the lack of UK meets, then remember that the big LA meets are open to members worldwide - I went to last year's one and enjoyed it thoroughly. As you say, there aren't as many 'insider' things to do in the UK, but we have managed to drum up a few members in the London area for cinema trips before; the Local Area Meet page and a note in your sig linking the thread is worth a try if you have any ideas.

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'm for the UK but live in the US. I have even gone along with everyone back home and bought a widescreen TV! :D
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

mark_d

Second Unit
There's plenty of Brits here. I reckon they'll probably be a bit more thin on the ground in this area, though. I've been a member a while (more of a lurker, I guess) but only just started coming to AH Lounge.
Mark

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Born in North Yorkshire but immigrated to Canada 17 years ago...
------------------
http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that there are so many Brits posting in the HTF. I'm constantly surprised that a great deal of the posters in the sections I watch, are UK residents. To all the Londoners out there: where abouts do you live (so we can all get a better idea). I live in North West London (just off the Finchley Road - which to those of you that dont know is a really, really long road, so that isn't a precise location!)
[Edited last by Paul Dalmaine on October 11, 2001 at 12:25 PM]

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey I is British, hang on let me check [leafing thru papers] yep, no wait [checking passport] eeek! My passport photo looks like a photo of Bela Lugosi, shit it is Bela Lugosi, no wonder they stopped me at Heathrow ....damn that girl!

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I'm from Motherwell, in central Scotland, but I'm living in the DFW area of Texas.
Oh my God, Brian, I never thought I'd see a reference to Motherwell in the HTF. My mom's cousin has lived there for years with his family. His mum lives nearby in Airdrie. You're talking greater Glasgow, right? :)
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, we need to get a UK mini-meet sorted out really. The problem in the UK is that everything happens in London.
[Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 11, 2001 at 02:08 PM]

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Oh my God, Brian, I never thought I'd see a reference to Motherwell in the HTF. My mom's cousin has lived there for years with his family. His mum lives nearby in Airdrie. You're talking greater Glasgow, right?
Yup, that's exactly the area I'm talking about. I know Airdrie fairly well, my dad used to work in the area, and I've got friends from 'round there.
I grew up in Motherwell, my family still lives there & I've got a bunch of friends in the area. It's definitely a small world. Got an address for your relatives? I may know them :)
------------------
Nothing In Particular

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm a Brit, for what it's worth.
Rob, not sure about a face-to-face meeting; think of all the illusions which could be shattered. Also, why should everything happen in London? Just think, if the national soccer stadium gets moved to the midlands, the entire mindset of the country may change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks