Any British HTF members out there?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Huw Williams, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Huw Williams

Huw Williams Agent

Most of the people on the HTF seem to be American folk, but I was wondering how many of us are actually from the U.K, as I often feel 'left out' with talk of meets with visits to studios and huge 'meets'.
    Perhaps we could encourage more correspondance between us?
    I know Rob G and Dan B are admins from Britian, but who else?
    Make your mark!

2. Russell_Lengthorn

Russell_Lengthorn Auditioning

Hi Huw,
    I live in London and I agree with you about feeling a little 'left out', but I suppose there is not too much in the way of 'studios' for us to visit over here. Pinewood and Shepperton are spaces the American studios rent tomake films in.
    Ah well, at least we don't have to worry so much about P&S releases in the UK with the high adoption of Widescreen TV sets. [​IMG]
    Russell

3. Chris Beveridge

Chris Beveridge Second Unit

More than we can shake a stick at. And we've really been shaking that stick.
    Thankfully, we've managed to keep that Christou fellow over there. On the negative side, he's managed to thwart my plans to import his German girlfriend.
    ------------------
    Chris Beveridge
    Webmaster, www.animeondvd.com
    Animation and stories for those who like to think outside of the Disney box

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
  5. Marianne

Marianne Supporting Actor

I are one (but I live in the US now).
    ------------------
    Marianne

6. Eric Scott

Eric Scott Second Unit

I think many of the British members covertly sign in from Texas, because there seems to be an abnormally high ratio to population of Texans!
    BTW, there are rumors that the Christou fellow is not from London but is actually from El Paso! [​IMG]

7. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

Well, I'm not British but I've been living here since the beginning of the year with four more months left on my contract. I miss my HT back in Mpls [​IMG].

8. BrianB

BrianB Producer

9. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I work for a British company for stuff on a British aircraft, does that count?
    Jay
    ------------------
    HUGBEES! My Equipment List
    Rider in the 2001 Alaska AIDS Vaccine Ride
    Wanna help?

10. Huw Williams

Huw Williams Agent

This thread is starting out quite well
    I was mostly looking for UK based members to talk about items related to our country. Good widescreen adoption is an example of what I mean.
    But if there are any ex-pats in USA (or wherever) who want to give a perspective on living else-where then please add to the thread.
    I was going to try and use this thread to eventually try and get a U.K meet organised. I've talk to Rob G briefly, but as he says, there aren't many studios or shops like Dave's Laser in the UK to go to.
    Any good ideas anyone?
    Cheers

11. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I'm yet another UK member here; there really are a fair few. Anyway, the main reason I put my oar in was to point out that if you feel 'left out' about the lack of UK meets, then remember that the big LA meets are open to members worldwide - I went to last year's one and enjoyed it thoroughly. As you say, there aren't as many 'insider' things to do in the UK, but we have managed to drum up a few members in the London area for cinema trips before; the Local Area Meet page and a note in your sig linking the thread is worth a try if you have any ideas.

12. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

I'm for the UK but live in the US. I have even gone along with everyone back home and bought a widescreen TV! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    -- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

13. mark_d

mark_d Second Unit

There's plenty of Brits here. I reckon they'll probably be a bit more thin on the ground in this area, though. I've been a member a while (more of a lurker, I guess) but only just started coming to AH Lounge.
    Mark

14. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

Born in North Yorkshire but immigrated to Canada 17 years ago...
    ------------------
    http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

15. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

I'm surprised that there are so many Brits posting in the HTF. I'm constantly surprised that a great deal of the posters in the sections I watch, are UK residents. To all the Londoners out there: where abouts do you live (so we can all get a better idea). I live in North West London (just off the Finchley Road - which to those of you that dont know is a really, really long road, so that isn't a precise location!)
    [Edited last by Paul Dalmaine on October 11, 2001 at 12:25 PM]

16. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Hey I is British, hang on let me check [leafing thru papers] yep, no wait [checking passport] eeek! My passport photo looks like a photo of Bela Lugosi, shit it is Bela Lugosi, no wonder they stopped me at Heathrow ....damn that girl!

17. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob

18. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Yeah, we need to get a UK mini-meet sorted out really. The problem in the UK is that everything happens in London.
    [Edited last by Rob Gillespie on October 11, 2001 at 02:08 PM]

19. BrianB

BrianB Producer

20. andrew markworthy

I'm a Brit, for what it's worth.
    Rob, not sure about a face-to-face meeting; think of all the illusions which could be shattered. Also, why should everything happen in London? Just think, if the national soccer stadium gets moved to the midlands, the entire mindset of the country may change.