What's new

Anchor Bay Press Release: Roseanne: Season One (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hey Guys! Some good news! I just checked AMAZON and Roseanne's sales rank has noticeably dropped!
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #427 in DVD
It was #300 last week. Let's keep the pressure on and the "reviews" telling the truth about this set coming. If we can show that they will actually LOSE $ by releasing the DVDs this way, maybe they will see the light.

:) d

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
This really stinks. I'm marking this one off my list. I won't buy a full season of syndicated episodes. I can watch those for free on TV.

Sorry AB and CW you messed this one up. Just like Alf. I really wanted this series, but not the syndicated versions. Total bummer.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It doesn't help that the "Spotlight" review at Amazon blatantly lies and says the set is "free of syndication edits for time." :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well another "review" just popped up on amazon knocking all of us again. Plus the person is completely ignorant....

0 of 9 people found the following review helpful:

They Maybe Edited But Wait!, August 15, 2005
Reviewer: Kenneth W. Dey "bookmad" (Meridian, ID United States) - See all my reviews

First I want to I love Roseanne but the most important thing I want to say the Edited scenes are playing when the credits roll. So no need to whine anymore they are not edited if they are tell me tell me where you heard, I WANT A COPY OF THE STORY! DON'T JUST SAY IT'S EDITED. The DVD comes out Aug 30 so anyway how do you know it's edited well any way I'm buyying this and any Roseanne fan that won't buy this set is NOT A ROSEANNE FAN I REPEAT NOT A ROSEANNE FAN! So re-think this set aqnd maybe you'll change your mind!
P.S. I've pre-order this set and I'll love no matter what!

...so we're NOT FANS because we won't buy the same edited versions we can see FREE on TV multiple times a day. And he is WRONG. The edited scenes are now in the credits??
Ummm. ok. so what happened to the scenes that were ALREADY under the credits? True, every now and then they would show outtakes during the credit scenes, but those were ususally bloopers. Also, we know because Anchor Bay has confirmed it and DVD review sites have already seen the eps.
Can someone post on AMAZON correcting this one?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Right, and let's just say, "Here's your favorite record, but we left a song off" or "Here's your favorite movie but we chopped 12 minutes out" Still wanna spend your $$$..?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just submitted a review to Amazon. I'm still extremely dismayed by this set. As much as I love the show, and as much as I've been on the fence since I heard the news, I cannot allow myself to purchase this while containing syndicated episodes.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
dvdfile.com posted a review of Alf: Season 2 and ripped into the set for containing syndicated cuts, but their review of Roseanne was glowing... Odd...

That reminds me of the "This is America, Shut UP, or GET OUT!" comments. If you love something you have enough of an open mind about it to see that it might be flawed and can be fixed.

I LOVE Roseanne... which is pretty much WHY! I'm refusing to purchase a poor quality release of it.

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
Well said, Robert... my feelings exactly!

Andrew Radke said "I just submitted a review to Amazon."

Andrew, great review on Amazon. However, you might want to edit the parts where you say "1/3" and change them to "1/10" for more accuracy... JMHO.

John*D

Second Unit
I'd get the set to have the episodes at hand whenever I wanted. I do agree that it sucks that we loose 2-3 minutes per episode, but it's not enough that I wouldn't buy the set. These are the episodes I've seen on TVland and elsewhere for the past several years but it is a shame they don't have the original broadcast episodes.

Anyone get a reply from AB or CW regarding this or the Cosby set?

I agree with contacting the studios (CW and AB) so that we can get the rest of the seasons intact!

I'll probably pick this up during DDD's sale in November!

Why are the pics of Dan and Roseanne on the artwork NOT from season 1? It's pretty obvious since Roseanne's face from early on in the show was BIGGER!!! No offense to her, but it would have been better if they used a season 1 shot.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, DVDFile should really update their review...

"...Final Thoughts

The shows in this first-season box set of Roseanne are exemplary. And even if the bonus features come up way short, the transfers and mixes are great, so that's something to hang your hat on. For forty bucks, it ain't much of a deal, but these episodes are good enough that it might just be worth shelling out the bucks to have them in your home. Recommended..."

No mention anywhere that these are the cut episodes.
I emailed them about it. Others should as well. They need to be on board with this.

They look pretty ignorant and out of the loop compared to other sites....

d

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Two more "Reviews" on AMAZON from the unwashed masses...

"...You people are ridiculous, August 17, 2005
A Kid's Review
I read on here earlier that someone was complaining about certain things being cut from the show for the DVD. So what? People like me wouldn't know the difference because I only started watching the show a few months ago. I am hoping, and this seems a bit far off considering how long it took to even put this one into thought, that they will release season 6 sometime because my favorite episode is within that one. I have seen most of the first season, and happen to love the "song writing" episode, entitled "Radio Days" Gee whiz I believe we have an undiscovered country singer here! LOL Anyway, y'all complainin' 'cause the episodes are edited, get over it and just be happy we're even getting the shows, got that? It'd be no different than watching the reruns. I'm definitely gonna buy this, and any other DVD's they may release of this show...."

and....

Grow some grapes..., August 17, 2005
Reviewer: Heather - See all my reviews
I am writing this as a TRUE Roseanne fan. If you are a true fan of the show, and not some alarmist skirt, you will get where I am coming from!

Okay look, maybe the episodes are a little edited. Who gives a crap. We have ALL been watching Roseanne in "EDITED" syndication for so many years. Why don't you go cry in a corner about it.

The vast majority of us won't miss the thirty seconds shaved off each episode. We don't remember the originals. Even if we did it wouldn't matter because it's in syndication and playing every night on like five different channesl. I repeate, we remember the syndication.

As has been mentioned, this "edited" thing is a common practice with TV shows released on DVD.

Don't any of you whining fairies realize that this release is a test?

IF NO ONE BUYS IT THEY WON'T RELEASE ANY MORE ROSIE DVDS.

SO I hope youre proud of yourself, advising people not to buy it. I for one would rather have the "edited" versions as opposed to nothing at all.

The "syndication cuts" are hardly distinguishable from the originals - and trust me on this I am old enough to remember the "original" episodes, and with syndication you don't lose anything that makes you love the show any less.

Sorry to be rude but I love this show. It has been out of production for almost ten years so I honestly can't remember any of the "cut out" parts when I watch this in syndication. I remember the episodes as they are in syndication and guess what, so does the whole new generation of young fans who never saw this as it originally aired. Stop making them think that this DVD is some kind of disgrace or something. Damn drama queens.

You people think you are being so cool or whatever by telling people to boycott this. You just don't get it. If people boycott this, the studio/distro isn't suddenly going to "snap" out of it and release everything in it's original form. They aren't reading these reviews, get a grip. THe only thing they care about are the sales numbers.

No....If you try and be cool by refusing to buy this (even if you are a Roseanne fan) Then guess what THEY ARENT GOING TO RELEASE ANY OF THE OTHER SEASONS

Wake up nerds. Again, Im sorry to be rude. Yes, it is informative that you tell people the episodes are edited. But to purposely steer them away from buying the DVD with your retarded Rose-amblings? Inexcusable.

If you are happy watching this on TV every night, go ahead and "boycott" this DVD. You will never see the "original" episodes again so get over it!

I for one would much rather have the "syndication edit" DVD, so that I am not a slave to Nick at Nite's (or whoever) schedules. With the DVD I can watch Roseanne whenever I want exactly as it appears on TV today. That is why I am buying the DVD, and if you are a fan of the show I would advise you to do the same so that the rest of the seasons will be released!..."

VERY interesting. So now they have resorted to serious name-calling.

We are "whining faeries"? "Drama Queens" and make retarded statements? This GIRL Heather, amazingly enough has some SERIOUS homophobia, I fear.
And their idea that if the sales are poor on this set will lead to no more ROSIE on DVD? Please. First off, who cares? THE SAME EXACT THING IS ON BLOODY TV 10X A DAY!!! Buy a VCR, you freakin' ignorant moron! They are like $30 nowadays!

Someone PLEASE respond to these fools! I can't post again!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well, I deleted my previous "review" and left this new one in response. Doubtful it'll get posted but who knows.

To respond to the incredibly rude and condescending "review" left for this set by "Heather" which turned into nothing more than a bashfest for the true fans of this show, here is my reply. Honey, go down to the walmart and buy a VCR! If you REALLY need to have a copy of your favorite episode from a later season. I'm sorry that by me and many others NOT spending our hard-earned $$ on these hacked up episodes (that can be seen FOR FREE 10X a day!!!) that we will prevent the good DVD people from releasing the later seasons for lil' ol' you.
These shows deserve better. They can get uncut episodes of "Twilight Zone" and "I Love Lucy" released so why not "Roseanne"? It's just plain laziness on Carsey Werner's part. (Scroll back a few reviews, dear, and you'll discover who that is..) The show deserves better. The real fans deserve better.

And to call us all "whining faeries", "nerds" and "Drama Queens" making "retarded statements" Boy, you just want to offend EVERY group, don't you. Glad to see you're a PROUD American who lives in the land where people have a right to their own opinion and if someone has a different one then you, you could politely agree to disagree. None of us here trying to inform people of the situation resorted to name-calling did we?

Question. Would you spend $ on a CD of a favorite record where they deliberately left a song off? Or buy a book when someone had ripped 30 pages out? Or a movie that someone had chopped 10 minutes out of? That's what we're saying. It's not just 30 seconds or even a minute removed. It's 2-3 minutes missing from EVERY damn episode! And then multiply that by 23. Do the math. That's an hour of missing footage that still exists. They are just being lazy in supplying the cut masters to the DVD production company. And then they want to ask people to pay good $$ for the same cut versions that ONCE AGAIN, CAN BE SEEN FOR FREE 10X A DAY!

So, once again, I'm real sorry if us informed, educated, non-ignorant people who refuse to buy this inferior set might prevent you from getting that edited epsiode you want down the line on DVD. Go buy a VCR. Tape it off Nick at Nite or Qxygen or UPN or whatever. Or buy a TIVO! Or if you HAVE to have the episode on a DVD, go buy a DVD recorder! They exist you know!

And for a girl, you have some serious homophobia issues apparently. Did an ex of yours, perhaps, turn to the darkside after he tired of your feminine charms?"

I'm sorry if I sound annoyed but MAN, sometimes this pisses me off. And once again, I had WAY too much coffee.....

;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Dipshit reviewer writes: Does this idiot realize what a REVIEW is??? If you aren't allowed to say bad things in a review, then what's the point of a review????

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
OH...MY...GOD!

I read another "review" by this Heather girl on amazon where she bitches about JACKASS on DVD being edited and tells everyone what a ripoff it is and to just tape the episodes off TV!!!! Can you SMELL the irony!?!?!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...Fencoding=UTF8

"...MTV Jackass (Volumes 2 & 3) DVD ~ Johnny Knoxville

Price: $32.38

Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours

16 used from $23.77

2 of 4 people found the following review helpful:

Just tape it off the TV, for FREE, July 23, 2005
1)The curse words are censored, and so is the nudity (just like on TV).

2) No special features whatsoever.

3) This is not seasons 2 and 3 of the show. It is a compilation of so-called "greatest Jackass moments".

4) Some of the funniest skits/stunts are cut out, and in some of the skits the original songs have been changed to something else.

5) Just to avoid any confusion, there is no "Volume 1".

I guess if you have no other way to watch Jackass, this would have to do. But for a true fan of the show, this is so disappointing. Even the Jackass guys have said in interviews that this DVD set sucks, and that MTV sucks.

The only thing you gain from buying this over just taping it off TV is no commerical interruptions. Other than that it is just like watching the show on TV, only with many of your favorite stunts cut out, and some of your favorite songs replaced! I'm not advocating piracy or anything, but send MTV a message that we are not morons who will stand for being blatantly ripped off! Don't spend your hard-earned money on this POS!..."

Too much, man!

;) d

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks