What's new

Anchor Bay Press Release: Roseanne: Season One (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
The reason why it looks like it's in a standard DVD case is probably because that's the width of the case. The Season 1 set promotional images with the spine had the spine twice as thick as it ended up being, and the artwork was different for the spine.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ok, looks like I will be getting Roseanne now. See! We CAN make a difference. Kudos to everyone who fought this fight. A well deserved victory.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Not to tinkle on everyone's parade but a sticker on the cover doesn't mean much. NBC also announced that La Cosby Show was the "network" version and that was a complete lie.

When there's an "official" announcement by the company I'll be more apt to believe it.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, season 1 included NOTHING. so I figure it means something. This is a different studio than UrbanWorks or whatever it was called that released Cosby.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
Someone should e-mail Anchor Bay and ask them if there are any plans whatsoever for an uncut Season 1. They could maybe sell a special uncut edition of Season 1 only available through their website, or something like that. If they would offer a $10 discount off a new un-cut version of Season 1 (if you purchased the first set), then I would probably buy the first set now, because I can't wait any longer!!

They could also re-release it uncut and then just have more bonus features added, etc etc etc.

John*D

Second Unit

Look outside of the artwork, specifically the BLACK borders and rounded ends which make this look exactly like a keepcase...

The 1st season set has an outer slipcase with thinpaks, right?

I'm guessing they'll use those disc flaps since this is a 4 disc set. Unless the packaging is just spec and not representative of the final product.

Alex Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
All the Will and Grace box sets made it look like a standard one. but ended up being ones with slip covers and fold out.
it could turn out the same for roseanne

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
season 1 is not that good anyways, it's my least favorite season and basically only in my collection just because my collection would look odd 2-9 and not 1. I doubt I'll ever watch season 1 again so I don't plan on rebuying it, edited or complete. As long as the "good" (IMO) episodes are uncut, I'm fine

ChrisTho

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris-T
Thats almost like my opinion. I dont want 2-9 uncut and the 1 uncut. The 1st seaon....should be uncut

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
It's still the first season in a very important and groundbreaking TV show and deserves to be uncut.

ChrisTho

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris-T
How else are we going to see the original episodes. Did anyone write to Carsey Werner

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks