What's new

Alias 5/4/03 - 2 Hour Season Finale (1 Viewer)

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
I just hope that the two years have really passed and that it's not like in the James Garner movie '36 Hours' and someone just wants to make Sydney believe that two years have passed to get some information from her.
I almost stopped watching because of the Sydney/Vaughn relationship - now that he's married to someone else I'm hopeful that the show will get back on track.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Good I was not overreacting as many of you feel the same way. I think the writers have written themselves into a hole with the Rimbaldi device and can't get out of it.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I thought the scar was a c-section type deal and someone has taken Syd's and Vaughns baby. I would imagine the prophecy refers to Syd's daughter whom Sloane has somehow gotten a hold of to ensure his plan succeeds.

Family is such a major point of this show that I can't see it going any other way. Father-Mother-Daughter-Granddaughter.

This show is great.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

A c-section scar would be lower than what was show and it would have been in the middle of her body, not on the right side.

I was left with a WTF. This kind of pisses me off, but mainly because I want to know what happens next and have to wait.:angry:

Robin Warren

Second Unit
Ya but a C-Section done by a butcher could have been in that area. To be honest, the only c-section scars I am familiar with are down at the local peeler joint. :)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm rather surprised that people here were disappointed with the finale. I thought it was quite good, actually, even if it did require a lot of time compression to get it all in. It probably would have been better spread over one additional episode.

There was a lot of complaints about FakeFrancie leaving the body in the tub and still hanging around in the house. One, you don't know how long Will has been dead. It could have just happened not long before Sydney got back, so FakeFrancie might just needed to cover things long enough so that she could take care of Sydney, who wasn't going to buy Will's disappearance for long. She also didn't know if Will had given her up and probably needed to find that out.

As for the end, I think how good it is will all depend on what they do with it. Right now, we know nothing. We don't even know if this is really two years later. We'll see next season if this is a good move, or if this will suck.

Jason

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
With my presence on the west coast I only check out threads regarding shows early was the Bachelorette. I couldn't stand siting through another 5 minutes of that show, but wanted to know who won.

Back on topic.

I liked the ending. It leaves the door wide open for new ideas. As long as the series keeps Jennifer Garner I'll be fine.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Great finale, but I still don't know what to think of that ending. I'm mainly pissed that I have to wait 4 or so months for answers. ARGH!

THat FF and Syd fight was awesome. I was wondering how much more mirror/glass they had in the house cause they damn near broke all of it. Good stuff. Syd shot FF in the left shoulder and both longs correct?

I coulda swore Will is dead. The dude was motionless in the bathtub. He bleed out. He can't be alive. SOmething (aside from the whole time travel aspect) is not right.

Daniel_BR

Grip
What disappoints me is they didn't clarify the Rimbaldi thing at all. Is it a weapon of world destruction? Is it a fountain of youth? Is it the thing with the flower? Is it the thing that was burning the people in the church? What extra info did Sloane get at the temple last week?

I'd have been satisfied if they even *hinted* about any of this, but they didn't.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I liked the episode and the ending, I do think people are way to critical of this show, but oh well. I wish I would have some idea what the Rembaldi device is but I also like not knowing anything about it so I can take it either way. Now we have to wait until the start of next year:frowning:

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
As for the end, I think how good it is will all depend on what they do with it. Right now, we know nothing. We don't even know if this is really two years later. We'll see next season if this is a good move, or if this will suck.
And that right there is exactly right. After thinking about it more I was more disappointed that nothing was solved than I was about how it actually ended. I'm so tired of shows dragging on for seasons without really resolving anything. Then when they do resolve it all it is only because the show has been cancelled and they rush to finish the story and it ends up being a major disappointment. It ALL depends on the first few episodes next season. If it ends up being good then this finale will be looked upon as genius. If it ends up sucking then this finale will be looked at as the nail in the coffin for the entire show.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think 'mixing things up' on shows once in a while is a bad thing. Mid way thru the season when SD-6 was taken out, I feel that was perfect and show needed that. It just got to the point where it was hard to believe that Syd and her father could realistically keep this double-agent thing going.

As far as last night...it's hard to say. I really, really wish they would've hinted more at the Rimbaldi device.

oh well, we'll just have to wait 4 months and hope for the best!

Jason

John_VI

Second Unit
I am firmly in the camp of "I LOVED IT!!" Yeah, there were some stupid things in the show (the transfers of Will and the heart done by surface rather than air), but I loved most of the show. They did wrap up a few things after the capture of Sark (what a weasel!!) that were "hanging chads" from last season or early this season, and that was good to see.

I found it very interesting that Sark and FakeFrancie seem to be lovers, but that FakeFrancie seemed so anguished when she had to stab Will. I thought Will was dead, and I think it would have been good for him to STAY dead, but his character has proven to be excellent at analysis, so I think he can add a lot to the show. So in a way, I'm glad he's alive (if he is).

And I'm assuming that FakeFrancie is WAAAAY dead. One shot in the center of her chest (or forehead) would have been more convincing, but I still think she's dead.

What to make of Irina?? Loves her daughter enough to give her major info on Sloan and Rimbaldi, but not willing to give herself up for the cause....on either side. Her escape was classic. I was yelling at the TV, "Cut the bungie cord, Syd, CUT THE CORD!!" Man, THAT would have been a major symbolic act by Syd!!

That Jack survived is necessary but rather unexplainable. Perhaps Sloan wanted Jack to see the final product and then kill him, but didn't get the chance when the facility was invaded. And if this machine has 47 parts (48 with the heart), it must be pretty big. But they still had time to pack it up and exit the A.O. in a matter of seconds. ?????

Seeing Will bust a cap on two bad guys was great, but I think he looked a little too professional in doing it. Has he been a spy or double agent all along? THAT would be an interesting twist. A spy selected specifically by Jack to protect his daughter? That would explain why Jack fought so hard to keep Will alive in season one. Hmmmmm....

As soon as FF took the bite of ice cream I knew she had been exposed. It was a foregone conclusion that she would be exposed in this episode anyway, but the fight scene was great.

We got to see Syd in two VERY sexy outfits. When she was walking into the club in Stockholm, the view from behind was simply awe-inspiring!! A major plus!! (Yeah, I'm a leacherous bastard. So what?).

And the ending was great. Syd wakes up in an alley. Interesting twist. How did she get there? Then she finds that she is in Hong Kong. How did she get THERE?? Then I noticed that her face was completely unscarred from the fight with FF and I thought, "Christ, they didn't maintain continuity and forgot to make her look like her ass had just gotten kicked." Then she calls in to the CIA and Kendall tells her to go to the safe house. The conversation was a bit strange and I thought, "They're going to take her into custody at the safe house." While waiting in the safe house she examines a scar on her abdomen. The scar is well healed and I thought, "So THAT'S why her face was completely healed." Then Vaughn shows up and is very distant from Syd. Very confusing. He's wearing some sort of ring and I assume he's married to someone else, confirming my suspicion that a lot of time has passed. He says that he's been brought back in for this assignment. "In from what?", asks Syd. He says that Will has survived, saying that Syd was somehow responsible for Will's survival. Then we find that Syd has been missing for 2 years. What the hell!!??

Some things were answered or explained, but much remains a mystery. And if two years have indeed passed, what the hell happened to Syd, how did she get out of her house, and what has happened in those two years?? Is FF really dead, how did Will survive, is Jack okay, is Vaughn married, is Kendall still a prick, is Marshall married, where is Dixon, what about "the Telling" device, is Irina still in the picture, is Sark still in custody, and where's Sloan?

Sorry to disappoint all of the TV critics on this thread, but I loved this double episode. Dumb decisions by the CIA notwithstanding, this was a great ending to the season. Would I have liked to see a bit more closure on some of the plot lines? Sure, but I'll definitely be watching next season.

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
I liked the season finale. My wife is upset that Vaughn & Sydney might not be hooking up anymore, but I was pretty bored with their relationship already. Something had to be done to screw it up, and this looks interesting.

I just wonder what they're going to come up with for the Rimbaldi device. Hopefully, not the equivalent of the Segway Human Transporter. You know -- all the buildup, excitement, & rumors, and you find out it's just a SCOOTER. :rolleyes

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I do find this show entertaining (although there are some knucklehead moves by the CIA that can get in the way of your viewing enjoyment if you want to fixate on those issues). It's one of the shows that I watch where the hour just flys on by without alot of treading water that I notice on other serialized shows. On Alias, things are always moving and changing, things are thown at you fast and furious, and you can either go along for the ride, or get off at the nearest exit.

For anyone that wants a recap of the Rambaldi prophecy (excerpted):

"The woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works, bind them with fury; a burning anger. Unless prevented, at vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky, behind Mount Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire."

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I enjoyed it ALLOT.
Dont get how people are not happy with it.
Did they expect every plotline to be tied up nicely and have no cliffhanger?
There is another season coming.
What is everyone beef with Will. I think hes a great character and still believe he is the one that should have ended up with Sydney not Vaughn.
For all of you who cant suspend disbelife and are not pleased theres always a ton of mindless Reality shows out there you can watch.
Sheesh.

So is the waking up two years thing a trick or are they going to have all of season 3 take place two years in the future?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
So is the waking up two years thing a trick or are they going to have all of season 3 take place two years in the future?
My guess is that it's a trick...but maybe the Season Premier of Season 3 will be presented in a Memento-style "backwards" fashion, showing us how she got there from the floor of her apartment. (They've done this before with this show.)

Great show, just check your reality at the door. Just like 24.

Thank God for High Def.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
I also have mixed feelings about last night's episode(s). Overall, it was good up until about the last 10 minutes or so when Jack was saved. I was looking forward to at least a hint at what the Rembaldi device was about.

Also re: FFrancie, geez, does the DNA changeover process give her super endurance? Syd knocked her around with a metal thing early on twice in the face region and FF just shrugged it off. It also took a bullet graze and two shots to the chest to knock her to the ground. Yeah, maybe it was very Rocky-esque but I figure they would both take the same lumps with one getting the final stab or shot in to win.

Re: next season. It might be interesting to write the first half season (or so) such that it's all a flashback leading up to the event where Syd finds herself in HK.

heh, heh....4 months?, more like 5 or 6. Didn't some of the ABC season premieres get pushed all the way into October last year? It's going to be a long off season of reruns.

Bob

Joel C

Screenwriter
Alias premiered in September, I believe. The 29th. So, basically, October, which means we've got at least a 4 1/2 month wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks