What's new

Ad-aware SE version 1.06 wierdness (1 Viewer)

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I've been using version 1.05 for sometime now. I noticed they came up with a new version 1.06 at PCWorld. I downloaded the new version and the program asked if I wanted it to delete the old version. I did and it said it was deleted and then installed the new version. Except I keep getting the old version instead of the new version. I emailed Lavasoft, who so far has not responded. Anyone know what could be wrong?

James_S

Second Unit
I know I had the same problem. You have to save the new version to your drive by going to either download.com or lavasofts web site. After saving it double click to install the new version, I believe it ask you do you want to delete the old version click yes, let it install and then reboot the computer. That should fix it.

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I did the first time.
The second time I deleted the old version using it's uninstall program before trying to do the download. I still got the old version.
Lavasoft still has not responded to my email.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks