1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Inch Widescreen for $398.63

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I just noticed that Sam's Club has reduced the price on the AKAI 30" widescreen "ANALOG" by $100 I also read on some BB that the 30" Akai IS NOT MADE BY SAMSUNG (LIke the 27" Akai's), it's made by some Korean company called Hungwoo (Or something like that. I was able to access Hungwoo's website & they had some interesting tv's but I don't know how good they are? & I can't seem to get to Hungwoo's home page again. It was something like Hungwoo McPlus LTD. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone that might want a CHEAP WIDESCREEN set, But remember it's analog only, No SDTV, EDTV or HDTV. For more reviews of the Akai go to ecoustics Bulletin Board & do a search on it.

2. Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith Active Member

wow thats cheap how does itlook... i had been shopping for a 30" widescreen but then i realized i could fit a 32" trinitron in my setup so i juz went with that

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Well-Known Member

Nathan, I've never seen the set but there is a lot of info on it at the home theater spot & ecoustics bulletin board. Maybe someone on this fourm has it & will post a reply on it.

4. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Well-Known Member

There was a fairly lengthy thread up on the Anandtech forums a few months back when this TV first showed up. I've been thinking about it, but I think I'll save up some more and just get at least a progressive capable TV.

5. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Well-Known Member

Justin Cleveland
    I saw one of these in action, and it actually looks pretty nice. Not great, but for under 400 bones...