What's new

30 Inch Widescreen for $398.63 (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For what it's worth, I just noticed that Sam's Club has reduced the price on the AKAI 30" widescreen "ANALOG" by $100 I also read on some BB that the 30" Akai IS NOT MADE BY SAMSUNG (LIke the 27" Akai's), it's made by some Korean company called Hungwoo (Or something like that. I was able to access Hungwoo's website & they had some interesting tv's but I don't know how good they are? & I can't seem to get to Hungwoo's home page again. It was something like Hungwoo McPlus LTD. Just thought I'd pass this on to anyone that might want a CHEAP WIDESCREEN set, But remember it's analog only, No SDTV, EDTV or HDTV. For more reviews of the Akai go to ecoustics Bulletin Board & do a search on it.

Nathan Smith

Agent
wow thats cheap how does itlook... i had been shopping for a 30" widescreen but then i realized i could fit a 32" trinitron in my setup so i juz went with that

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Nathan, I've never seen the set but there is a lot of info on it at the home theater spot & ecoustics bulletin board. Maybe someone on this fourm has it & will post a reply on it.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
There was a fairly lengthy thread up on the Anandtech forums a few months back when this TV first showed up. I've been thinking about it, but I think I'll save up some more and just get at least a progressive capable TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks