What's new

24 - Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Good episode.

Two huge deaths in the first quarter. Wow.

All the girls looked better in this episode.

Are the new agent and the computer guy brothers?

I liked the pairing of the boy and Jack. It was cool seeing the kid witness how bad-ass Jack really is.

~T

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Ok so I know I said I would wait for the DVD but I just couldn't resist and had to get my fill of the Frank...errr Jack Bauer Power Hour. Plus it seems that every which way I turn there are spoilers to Day 5.

Great start to the season! It is going to be rough going from 24 episodes back to back over the course of a couple days to just 1 episode a week. That's probably why I liked Season 3 the best. It just never let up on the tension.

Chris Derby

Second Unit
ok everybody, remember the rules to the...

...jack bauer drinking game!!!

when jack says "trust me", everbody does a shot!!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

Oh, you don't have to worry. They filmed all of that in the old terminal which I do not believe is actually used for passenger traffic anymore. ;) (The same terminal was also used as Miami International Airport in Catch Me If You Can)

Keifer Sutherland popped into the little restaurant/lounge that I hang out in while they were there filming at the airport a few months ago. Of course I, a huge 24 fan, was not there that night but the bartender was more than happy to share the photos that she took. She told me he hung out and threw darts with the other customers for a few hours and was a really nice guy.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She was clearly too hot to live. A damn shame.

Great effect with Tony getting hit with the fireball.

Connie Britton was looking good too.

Funny how Logan wanted Palmer's assassin dead or captured, and Jack's got the job done by the end of the first hour. (That must be odd: kill an ex-president, then you're dead yourself within the hour, and not by the guy that hired you.) It's a good thing Chloe told CTU about it, because it was starting to bug me that Jack wasn't getting his due.

Now we get to settle in for utter CTU incompetence and petty office shenanigans for the next 22 hours as Jack kicks ass.

At least the mole is in the President's office this time. Would it be considered some kind of failure if Logan dies a horrible death?

Will the kid hook up with Kim? I wonder if she's still with Agent Charlie Brown.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
From the looks of tonight's episodes, Jack Bauer is John McClane. Die Hard 4: And the Horse You Rode In On! :D

Joking aside, great eps last night. Great to see 24 back.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was intense last night. I did notice some of the credits for the actors playing Palmer, Michelle, and Tony, but didn't read close enough to see the "special appearance" qualifier. That was a good thing as their deaths (or near-death in Tony's case) was a surprise. I wonder if Tony will survive and if so, when he'll come back in dramatic fashion.

Does anyone know who played the assassin? He looked recogizable, but I couldn't think of a name. (I don't want to check imdb myself as I don't want to see who's appearing in later episodes.)

Jack's anger definitely got ahead of his judgement in shooting the assassin. He would have been better off in getting him to CTU for further questioning. Of course, the logics of this would have been complicated. If he just left him there he would have been killed by his co-conspirators anyway - who were next on the scene.

Logan is really annoying and self-serving.

Neil

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

That would be Jeff Kober, an excellent character actor whom I'm sure you've seen in many projects, including China Beach and Falcon Crest.

One of his most instantly-recallable one-off roles is as the pilot 'Bear' in the X-Files episode "ICE".

For some off reason, he has always reminded me (physically) a bit of Steven Tyler (of Aerosmith).

Nick

Second Unit
I missed the last ten minutes of the season premiere due to the Football. My DVR stop recording at 10:00 PM.
Does anybody know if Fox will do the repeat of the show ?
thanks

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

Yeah, as another computer professional I have to overlook these things as well as obviously bogus Ip addresses. You'd think they would have Biometric security measures too.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ok, here's a 24 bodycount:

Episode 1
Dead Guy/Who killed him
1. David Palmer/Haas
2. Michelle Dessler/Haas
3. Henchman/Jack
4. Henchman/Jack
5. Henchman/Jack
6. Haas/Jack

Episode 2
7. Chevensky/suicide
8. Security Guard/terrorist
9. Security Guard/terrorist

I guess I'll try to update it with each episode. Looks like tonight there will be a big increase. :)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
As soon as I saw Michelle I knew she was a goner, I didn't even catch the special appearance listing.

I saw her on a repeat of CSI, and thought she was a new cast member but turns out it was a one time thing. I don't follow CSI as you can tell. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, but they know everything about computer users. :) My biggest security headaches are exactly things like people sharing passwords and letting other people use machines they are logged into. And the higher up in the organization the worse the people tend to be.

Our network had several sites shut down for a day and half last week because people can't follow simple procedures. Some laptops and desktops that are only used intermittently were not being connected to the network on schedule to receive automatic updates and patches, and someone connected a PC he brought in from home to the network. The PC turned out to have an old WORM on it - which would not have mattered except that the handful of PCs that had not been subjected to the (mandated) update policy for remote offices were vulnerable to it.

The affected offices had their firewalls locked down by headquarters and we had to drop everything and send techs to the affected offices to collect the PCs and return them to our office for a comprehensive cleaning. Meanwhile the county where the problem originated and two others were down for even longer than we were because it took them longer to track down the affected machines. (People moved the euipment without notifying IT, so the inventory was not accruate.)

I thought they missed one obvious bet, though. Chole suspected her car was booby-trapped like Michelle's - when she unlocked or opened the door, or maybe when she tried to start it, it would go ker-blooey. Since most cars nowadays have remote keyless entry, many have remote ignition and some even have remotely-operated trunk lids and doors. I think Chloe should have waited until the assassin got next to her car - then started pushing buttons until it blew up. :)

I would imagine the show uses bogus IP addresses for the same reason TV and movies use the reserved 555 exchange for phone numbers - so doesn't inadvertently cause a denial of service attack on somebody when millions of people watching the show type the IP into their browser. :)

Regards,

Joe

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Joe, you're absolutely right about users being the weak link in security. But in a top-secret government agency like CTU this kind of thing would surely be grounds for dismissal (In the Shuttle program (where I work) it's considered a serious security violation, which depending on the circumstances could mean dismissal). I mean, they're always throwing around access codes right out in the open. A real CTU would be using long non-trivial passwords or pass-phrases, likely coupled with cryptocards and/or biometrics. But, to be fair, that probably wouldn't be good television.

Yeah, the bogus IPs never bothered me for exactly that reason.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Ok, being the doofus that I am, I had the cable box off when I recorded the show last night! All I got was audio with a black screen for two hours! :angry: I am really hatin' myself, since there are no repeats!

Anyone care to type a synopsis of the first two hours for me (spoilerized of course), or direct me to a site where I can catch up until tonight's episode?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks