What's new

24 - Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Keeler must have been so hurt he could not retake his office. Probably neeed to do all sorts of rehabilitation

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
the reason this show isn't as good as it can be is simply because it is absurd

jack is the suspect in palmer's shooting and bill buchanan is ready to believe that, with all the stuff that took place last season..

and in season 1, didn't we already have jack being a suspect, only to prove that he was ready to risk his life to save palmer?

enjoyable entertainment, but it isn't going to win any writing awards anytime soon, that's for sure.

Spoiler protection added by moderator.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping that there wouldn't be another mole...but we'll see how it goes.

An amazing first couple of hours indeed...though the kid's action at the airport seemed a little too much...there should have been a better way to detain him and his mom at the airport

Can't wait for tomorrow night!!

Joe

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Oh, man not Palmer! And poor Michelle too. The only happy moment was seeing Tony's Cubs mug again.

And Cummings is the same guy who ordered the Secret Service agent to kill Jack last year. I can't wait until they expose him.

I can't wait to see tomorrow's episodes!

Sean, they never did defintively say. I guess you have to assume that Keeler died from his injuries or recovered and decided to remain a private citizen. The writers wanted Keeler to die in the crash last year but Fox wouldn't let them kill the sitting President. I guess he can be horribly injured just as long he didn't die. Fox's attitude must not extended to ex-Presidents though. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

But the thing is was that, as far as last season went, Cummings wasn't exactly bad. He did have valid reasons for wanting to eliminate Jack. It was not that much different from Mike Novick's line of reasoning to go behind Palmer's back in season 2.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Cummings did want them to kill Bauer instead of arrest him. Granted, it was so Bauer wouldn't implicate Logan in the attack on the Chinese so he was looking out for the interests of the country. Maybe it wasn't black and white but it was a very, very deep shade of gray. :)

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
The "guest appearances by" really took the suprise away. I knew the exact moment he was going down,if you know what I mean.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

I noticed that as well. I'm not really familiar with Mr. Cotto's work, but I know he's credited with finally improving the quality of Enterprise, and I was able to see that improvement before even knowing why it happened or who did it. It was only in reading threads here I got to know the name. When I saw it on the credits for "24" I have to say I was pleased.

As far as I'm concerned, the TV season isn't here until January.

24 will always be just a notch less than perfect for me because I don't accept the basic premise that so many large scale threats can happen within such a short period of time (less than 10 years), let alone have one person involved in all of them. You just have to get past that, accept the premise as best you can, and get on with enjoying the rest of the show.

It was cool seeing Chloe say, "He's really good at this." She's also not a bad shot. Jack's anger got the best of him with the Assassin. Normally his killing is necessary. I didn't see it as necessary in this case. He could (should) have been turned over for interrogation by CTU. Perhaps he saw it as necessary so as not to alert everyone to his existence before he was ready.

This season definitely (literally) started off with a bang. I think those who like "24" for what it is are in good hands.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
EXCELLENT start to the season. I am so happy this show is back that I can't even begin to put it into words. Definitely looking forward to tomorrow night and I hope the rest of the season keeps up this wonderful pace. :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I still absolutely hate Logan. I hope he ends up going down in all this...and uh, the ghost of David Palmer will return to his rightful place in the White House. Hey, with all of the not-plausible complaints, why not have a ghost president? :)

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
Sorry David but I have a little correction:

"Let's get something strait kid. The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van."

"You're going to tell me everything I want to know. The only question is how much you want it to hurt."

Little things, I know. Anyways, tonight was just one big rush. My Panthers pulling it out and then 24, I couldn't take much more stress. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Jack Bauer Power Hour is back!! And what a kick-ass way to start the season.

Some observations:

We find out Chloe is getting some. You go girl! But was she sleeping with the mole? Methinks it's a little TOO obvious. And yes, there is a mole. During Keifer's session on "Charlie Rose" last week he said there's always a mole.

I was so happy to see D. B. Woodside back that I did not see the Palmer thing coming until he walked over to the window. That's when I went "Oh, no..."

Like Britton I was thinking Michelle was looking hotter this year than ever. And now she's gone... Somebody get Reiko Aylesworth another series stat!!

Wonder what's going to happen to Buchanan?? Sean Astin is due to come on board as the new head of CTU.

Of course, there is always the trademark "24" computer foolishness. Like a top-level analyst needing only a login name and a 4-digit "access code" to get into her account. And her sharing that access code with a co-worker who casually tosses it out to another co-worker. As an IT professional it is painfully clear that the writers on this show know NOTHING about computer security. But, you gotta let these kind of things go.

Can't wait until tomorrow! I'm going to LA next month, and was thinking of flying into Ontario. Now, I think not... ;)

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Three cheers for the return of the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

Jack Bauer Body Count (hereafter referred to as the JBBC) = 3
1 knifed bad guy in the smoke
2 shot guy in the car coming at him
3 shot assassin after Jack was done with him

Do we give Jack 1/2 for an assist with the baggage handler who chomped the cyanide?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I would never have guessed a couple of years ago that there would be a need for the line: "Chloe, HOLD YOUR FIRE!"
Or that she would ever look this hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks