What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 19 - 4/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought Mike would have Lynn killed. (cough...cough)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you may want to wait for next week !!! Previews lead me to beleive your wish MAY come true

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jack would have been better off to slap the transmitter on a gurney going up the elevator. That's what I would have done.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
It makes me wonder if any of the writers have EVER tried to use their cell phones inside a Wal-Mart.
Believe me, PLENTY of people's cell phones work inside a Wal-Mart. :thumbsdown: Heck, the sell and even activate phones at ours. Think how that would sound.. "Sure, you're activated now, but you have to go outside to work...trust me!"

My only problem w/last night's episode was the ease of which brick-guy took out Yusuf. The man has proven himself to be a badass; Kate even warned him to look out. He had plenty of time to react and protect himself.

I wonder if Keifer went back to his old Flatliners skills for last night's performance? :)

"Today is a good day to die."

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I think it was a little sloppy of Jack getting caught after he ditched the transmitter. You'd think he could have gotten away easier. But then there would be no torture scene.

So after they revive Jack, how long will it be before they find and kidnap Kim (again) to turn up the heat?

Also, why didn't Jack just tell them the chip was at CTU and CTU knows you're looking for it?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I still don't get why the country thinks its middle eastern people that set the nuke off"

Come on, If this really happened and a Nuke went off, what nationality group would you assume is responsible? I knew exactly who on 9/11. Maybe you could say Korea, but that's still only 2

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Don't forget that's what happened with Oklahoma City -- it was commonly believed to be Arabs or Muslims (and some people don't even make a distinction) at first. The fact that these most recent numbnuts ran into Yusuf is highly coincidental, but not unreasonable.

//Ken

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck - agree/see your point. While watching it I did not think of Mike that way. I thought, Jack's call would be the ONLY thing he would take an interuption for.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I'm not a doctor but won't Jack be useless after being tortured, dying and being revived for at least the next few hours? They also need to get a stronger second character so at least we can believe there is a chance of him dying before the last episode. Who would take over his role? Tony's leg is messed up. Youssef isn't quite a strong enough character. It seems obvious that Jack can't die yet...

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If this were realistic, Jack would have a belly button the size of an orange after having that burning thing melt him as it did the soda bottle.
And he's only got like what, 4 hours to get all the way to President Palmer's underground base and kick some butt there? Guess it's not going to happen.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
This show has completely sucked since the bomb went off.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. The whole premise of the show in the post-bomb episodes is so ridiculously absurd, that I just can't get past it. From the idiotic idea that we would go to war within hours of a terrorist attack to the ridiculous military estimates (20,000 lives lost if we don't attack right now - who thinks this crap up?). And the depiction of all the unwashed masses taking to the street to lynch the nearest arab is downright insulting. The writers may be good at writing tense scenes, but the plot is just so screwed up it's ruining the show for me.

At one point while watching this episode, my wife just turned and said "This is stupid". I can't remeber which stupid part it was, maybe the brother trying to strangle the bitch or the outlandish causualty estimates, but I couldn't help but agree. At this point I'm not even sure I'm going to bother tuning in for the remaining episodes.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I think you have to be driving at a certain speed before the doors will lock, not as soon as you start rolling.

I think Jack should have put the transmitter on some vehicle leaving the hospital. that would have got those guys out of there fast.

As for Jack dying, hell, Keifer's probably thinking I've died before and been brought back, nothing to it.

As for the rush to war, not very realistic, unless you look at it as the ones most responsible for the push want to discredit Palmer and are afraid if they wait to attack, he'll learn the truth first.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I felt this was the best episode since the bomb. Possibly the best episode of the season. I remain very pleased with 24. With American Idol taking it out to the series finale, the ratings should prove strong enough for season 3. I wish they'd announce it already.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Since the detonation of the bomb, the plot thrust has too closely resembled real life, with the notion of invading a country or countries in the Middle East. I assume the season's plot was determined last summer before the Iraqi situation heated up. Anyway, the real life has made the TV show rather redundant and trivial in the way it is dealing with the situation.

The bomb went off at 11pm. Four hours later the bombers are closing in on the Middle East. They've basically thrown credibility out the window. We know they would never attack this soon, and that it takes time to devise a plan and even to fly that far. If they plan to invade it will take weeks to deploy and organize a scheme against three countries. Why delaying the bombing will increase casualties makes no sense. Bush basically told Iraq when the attack was going to start (48 hours) and it didn't seem to make much difference. If anything, by dropping bombs now without having your invasion force ready to go gives the three countries more time to prepare.

The entire plot concerning President Palmer, especially now with the coup attempt, just doesn't make sense.(and couldn't they have at least showed Mike yanking Lynn's cell phone away?) I've taken to cowering down in my couch whenever scenes with the President come up, unlike last season when I thought his whole bit was terrific.

I think the writers have scribbled themselves into a corner.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Bush basically told Iraq when the attack was going to start (48 hours) and it didn't seem to make much difference.
Yeah right. Here I come! 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand... Let's give Saddam a 2 day headstart.

Surprise bombings are the best and needed to secure the least possible casualties. Also, invasion and all kinds of battle plans do exist for any country in the world, just in case.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If you dont think some people would rush to the streets in mobs to do stuff to people they would believe were responsible for a Nuke going off here then you need a wake up call. Stuff like that has happened for lesser acts before in many cities all over this country. Its totally wrong but the sad truth is it has happened. As for the military attacking. In the show its not like they are have millions of soldiers pouring into these countries, which by the way we dont know which ones they are so who knows where are troops would be anyway. . At the moment its just jets with bombs. Nothing else as far as it goes yet.

capt

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah right. Here I come! 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand... Let's give Saddam a 2 day headstart.
Well, they did. Everyone basically knew they would attack after the 48 hours. In fact, they even delayed the first strike because his 48 hours wasn't up yet.They talked about it for several hours, but on 24 they've decided to invade three countries after only a couple hours of discussion.

As for 24, it doesn't sound like they even have troops in place yet to invade three countries, so I'm not sure what the bombing will do other than put the countries on alert for a "surprise" invasion.

I know the show is trying to be overly dramatic and use the old 'we're running out of time' plot method, but because it seems so unreasonable to do something so quickly it rings very hollow and is unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks