What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 19 - 4/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Crazy Episode. Jack can't die...he just has to save the day......what's going on....

Anyways

I did get a little annoyed by the whole brother part. Glad that didn't last too long.

Funny that Patrick didn't even mention Kim in his opening post since she wasn't in the show--only the promos. I think Patrick's in on the conspiracy.

Don't Yukon's or Suburban's have automatic locks when the vehicle starts to move? I dunno, that part just pissed me off. Usef should of shot them in the leg or something. At least tell them to take off and then do the same himself.

I thought Mike would have Lynn killed. (cough...cough)

Mike that backstabbing sonovab*&#@. I'd kick him in the nuts.

Next week looks exciting as well.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
Was the first episode ever without Kim?

I agree with a previous poster. the 20,000 American lives thing is silly. First of all, it's an estimate. Secondly, they give no reason other than (we lose the element of surprise). It *really* strains credibility.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I actually missed my dose of Kim running--if you know what I mean. :wink:

what also bothers me is why can't they slow the planes down a bit. Take a detour. Don't fly so freaking fast. Would a couple of hours (not days, hours)really make that big of a deal?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Holy CRAP! Another torture scene, and they bleepin' kill Jack at the end! :eek: I thought maybe he's faking it and gona headbutt them or grab one of them with his feet and try to escape, but no.

And Yusuf getting beat up by a redneck and a mexican, they whack Kate too, damn, they can't even drive a chip to the CTU, country is going to hell.
No Kim this episode AT ALL!
Then that traitor, locking Lynne in a storage room, wanting to overthrow the damn president and go on with the war.
Oh and the rich guy on the phone, calling from helicopter and then his $3,000,000 downtown office/condo must be one of the oil company magnates manipulating the market and war for good business. Like I said months ago when that subject first came out, great idea!

I didn't want to watch the next episode preview being afraid they show whether Jack is alive or not, but they didn't, what they did show is a big spoiler and is shocking.

This bleeping show is bleeping awesome! Bleeping hell! :emoji_thumbsup:

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
I want to know where the chip is. Does Kate or Yusuf have it on them? Did they leave it in the car? Will the rednecks steal the car and thus the chip? Or...will both Kate and Yusuf wake up with amnesia, find the chip, wonder what it is and decide to toss it away. :)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I'm thankful that there was no dumb Kim plot in this episode but I am a little pissed off at the writers for including dumb stuff like the brother plot.

And just when you think things can't go any worse, Yuseff and Kate get jumped right when they're ready to drive the chip to CTU. That is a bit much.

But I still love this show and will see where they take us.

PS: I think I'm gonna stop watching the previews for next week's episodes!!! They showed a HUGE spoiler! Bastards!!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe how quickly this episode went. It harkened back to the early days of 24 and that sense of urgency that's been missing for quite a while.

I was sort of disappointed in Mike turning on Palmer (but I knew it for sure once he dismissed the "informant" so easily, and that Lynn left herself wide open for "detainment"). But I was wondering why Lynn didn't try her cell phone (I know she has to be carrying one on her person).

So, anyhow, the coup is on schedule.

Jack's torture was pretty brutal stuff. But I'm confident he'll be revived.

Things do look bad for Youssef and Kate, but I expect some law enforcement to show up in the nick of time, or Kate recovers and finds the gun and starts peppering rednecks.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Does Yusuf (correct spelling, per the "24" site ;)) really look that Middle Eastern while sitting in a parked car at night? He strikes me as pretty American until he opens his mouth.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I still don't get why the country thinks its middle eastern people that set the nuke off. The gov't hasn't said anything about it and there is no evidence at all. Do people really think the population would jump to that large of a conclusion without the media telling them to go that way (which there hasn't been shown any evidence of that either).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Yusif certanly was taking some beating

As for Mike, I guess I'm not surprised as he was very adamant about the strike. He's not necessairly bad, but I wonder if he was an original conspirator. He did menton that he was concened about the President's indecisiveness since he took office, which suggests he might have been in it all along. But, he might have just become compelled within the last few hours. But, then again, he really was trying to pooh pooh Palmer's Trust of Bauer. Perhaps Mike knows all about the Cypress Recordings and that Jack will uncover it. Or, maybe he just thinks he is doing the best thing for the country. I guess it is hard to tell who is really bad and who is just being pulled along in the Palmer Camp.

As for Michelle's Brother thing, that was weird, but I guess they needed something to get her and Tony to their kissing scene.

What I don't get is why Wallace put the chip inside him with the Tracker intact, unless he never knew about it, but that seems unlikely

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I was kind of on the fence about the episode. It still is wobbling toward soap opera ville, without Kim but with the brother, and from the preview things don't look good for Lynn at all!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I agree. Yes, some things didn't make a whole lot of sense, in particular the reasons for rushing to war. But DAMN, they made an hour of great, tense, suspenseful, fingernailbiting, edge-of-your-seat entertainment!!

The scene with Yusuf and Kate getting the crap kicked out of them in addition to the scenes of Jack being tortured were great for setting up the sense of despair and hopelessness that the show needed right about now, after the bomb threat was avoided.

To me, this was the best episode of the season, easily.

/Mike

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
This show has completely sucked since the bomb went off. The absolute pisspoor video quality on Satellite broadcast of FOX isn't helping things one bit, either.

If I rent the DVD's I'll only watch up to the bomb boom, then I'll save my time and go golfing or something.

Two thumbs DOWN. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

David S

Stunt Coordinator
If Palmer is waiting for the "proof" from Jack, how is it Jack's call would not have been send throgh no matter what the President was doing/meeting with? I found that part pretty unbelivable.

I guess the "swithboard" operator is in on the coup as well??

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
If Palmer is waiting for the "proof" from Jack, how is it Jack's call would not have been send throgh no matter what the President was doing/meeting with? I found that part pretty unbelivable.
Actually this is one part I found quite believable. Its not like the president calls the switchboard operator directly, he tells Lynn, Mike or some staffer to tell the operator. It was quite plausible that Mike told the operator that the president isn't taking Jack Bauer's calls or simply ANY calls during the meeting.

Boy the way things are going, at the end of 24 hours, 3/4 of the White House staff will be executed for treason and the remaining will all be dead from the coup attempt.

Chuck Anstey

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Great episode. But, as usual, some portrayal of technology reignited my disbelief:

When you find a device that has a transmitter on it, and the bad guys are coming, just stick the device in a metal box, or wrap it in foil. (Just make sure the antenna doesn't come into contact with the metal box or foil.) That will stop the transmitter's signals from getting out. The little filing card box on the nurse's desk would have done nicely. These things are just radio frequency. They aren't subspace devices, for crying out loud.

It makes me wonder if any of the writers have EVER tried to use their cell phones inside a Wal-Mart.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks