What's new

24: Day 3 - 12/09/03 - Hour 7 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only things that bores me are the Palmer/Anne/Bro scenes.

Enjoyed the new plot direction.

As far as the tattoo goes, I thought since Jack was deep undercover with the Salazars before, the tattoo was something he had to get to signify he was with them for life. Having a tattoo link only Jack and Hector is too obvious as a sign of those two being in cahoots.

Now, here's some stuff that came to mind for me:

A lot had to go right for this plan to work (the plan could have been stopped during the prison break and the Russian Roulette scene). There were too many times that everything fell in place just right for this plan to work (I know, it's "24" right?). So many unmanageable intangibles (like how do you know you can reach Palmer at the drop of a hat if you're Jack).

Also, is Jack still a junkie going through withdrawal? If so, is he nuts to still go through with the deep deep deep undercover ruse that he concocted with Tony and Gael? Or does that help his "cover"?

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Damn those writers for making me root for Chappelle (for all of 10 minutes) while he called Chloe a "pain in the ass" and when he was torturing the suspected terrorist mole. I was releaved when the real plot was starting to be revealed, so I could start hating him again.

I have a friend who quit watching the show after the 3rd episode. I'll have to tell him that it's gotten interesting again.

John Watson

Screenwriter
as some pointed out in earlier weeks, the girl with Hector seems to have an agenda too - she seemed worried Jack was to be brought back, and she egged Hector on to usurp his big brother.

and I wonder if Anne's ex, being in the legit (as if there was a diference:D ) drug trade, might have some connection to the virus plot

personally, I think Sloane is behind it all :) (He's Nina's and Syd's dad.)

James T

Screenwriter
A lot had to go right for this plan to work (the plan could have been stopped during the prison break and the Russian Roulette scene). There were too many times that everything fell in place just right for this plan to work (I know, it's "24" right?). So many unmanageable intangibles (like how do you know you can reach Palmer at the drop of a hat if you're Jack).
When it gets to the level of David Fincher's The Game, then that's the time to find a new tv show to watch. Russian Roulette was never planned, they just got lucky. Real lucky. The mall scene didn't make much sense. It made sense that Tony went instead of Chase, but it didn't make sense why they got to him so quickly. Couldn't Jack/Tony tell the team "I've got a shortcut" and drove around a few blocks to buy a couple minutes for the virus plan to work?

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Question - who was the dead guy infected with the virus at the beginning of the show and who infected him? Certainly Jack and Tony didn't off a guy to put their plan in motion?

So, am I getting this right? When Jack went to Kyle's parent's apartment and put on the suit and all that - he knew there was no virus? He was acting?

And - was letting Kyle escape at the mall part of Jack and Tony's plan?

I'd really like to watch the first six hours over again to refresh myself on some of the details. Or maybe the writers would prefer I didn't. :)

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well, on the surface, I thought it was a great episode of 24. Glad it peaked my interest again and the ending was great.

Afterwards, I started to think about it and it didn't really make sense to me.

So basically, the first 6 hrs were a waste? So the plan was to have Jack busts Ramone, then later at a "planned" virus scare (apparently there is a virus but it hasn't been released to the public) break Ramon outta prison (Ramone apparently is not in on any of this - oh and neither is Chase who knew of the first level of Jack's undercover business, but doesn't know of the master plan). (While in prison, they must survive a game of Russian Roulette, which Jack handles without breaking a sweat.) All of this (Russian Roulette and the fighting not included - duh)was done with Hector's involvement, who seemed to be under the thumb of the hot Mexican lady (forgot if she's his wifey or whatever) but really, he has his own agenda and due to the tattoo that he and Jack shared, they seemed to be in cahoots, probably deeper than Tony and Gael know about cause they don't have that cool tattoo. Chappelle doesn't know about it, (which by the way, it was cool for him to say out loud what the rest of us were thinking about Chloe) even though Chappelle is a "higher up". The President doesn't know about this master plan either. Guess it was made up in the CIA? Maybe the cabinet from Season 2, which I assume to still be in place has concocted another plan to out him (Palmer) outta office.

Oh and yea, Kyle Singer was used like a tool, though he got some dough outta it for his family. Maybe he in on the master plan too?

I guess at the end of this season, we'll see that same boat that we saw at the end of season 2 and they'll say something to the effect of "Damn, plan C didn't work. Move on to plan D.

John Watson, I think you're right.
I think Sloane really is behind all of this.

I guess I'm just rambling. Sorry

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Best episode of the season so far. A lot has been answered but it seems that even more questions are now out there. Man, I love this show! I too found myself rooting for Chapelle with the Chloe comment. :emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I am confused about one thing. Tony and Jack had Kyle cornered in the mall. If they capture him then how does Jack get Ramone out of prison?
Well, even if they did get Singer in the mall, he would have tested negative and the virus would "Still be out there"

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
It was a great episode, with great twists and some solid activity by all but the weak Presidential plot.

My favorite WTF moment was when Chloe corners Kim in the bathroom to say "I never thought your father was guilty. I just wanted to say that.". It was like Leslie Nielsen showing up in Airplane and wishing them good luck from time to time. :laugh:

RobertW

Supporting Actor
so jack nor anyone else has any qualms about the prison guard killed during the russian roulette, or anyone else killed or injured during the riot, all because the plan was for jack to break ramon out of prison?

wouldn't it have been easier if instead of jack having to make up fake transfer papers, for him to actually have real ones, and then just go awol with ramon?

none of this comes even close to being plausible. but i guess that's 24.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Well, even if they did get Singer in the mall, he would have tested negative and the virus would "Still be out there"
True, but when Kyle tested negative everyone breathed a sigh of relief and just assumed the threat was over. Is anyone still treating it like it's out there somewhere? All CTU is doing to trying to find Jack - who doesn't want to be found. Thus, CTU is pretty much wasting their time and Tony and Gael know it. Hopefully, it will all make sense eventually.

I guess Tony recovering so quickly from surgery is no big deal. I mean, Jack died and he was up and around quickly!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, I remember that it was specifically stated during the staff meeting this episode that the threat is still out there, despite Kyle being negative.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
While in prison, they must survive a game of Russian Roulette, which Jack handles without breaking a sweat. All of this was done with Hector's involvement,
I don't think the Russian Roulette game had anyhting to to with Hector. Jack was breaking Ramone out of prison for Hector, but the stuff that went down during the break-out (Jack beating up Chase, Russian Roulette, etc) wasn't at Hector's request.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, I remember that it was specifically stated during the staff meeting this episode that the threat is still out there, despite Kyle being negative.
The threat is out there because the Salazars still have it, but, as far as they know, it hasn't been released yet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Couldn't see it coming, but I'm betting it was in place long before the beginning of the season.
By the writers or in the show's universe? Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers just recently plucked this plot twist out of thin air. (I was going to say, "pulled from their ass", but why be vulgar?)

I'm not sure all the past events hold up. For example, just before the reveal, if the brother really knew about the plan, they why bring all those people to the airport to prepare for Jack?

Of course, they've very cleverly inoculated us by having tons and tons of plot holes in the previous two seasons, so we can't really tell one way or the other :)

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks