What's new

2006 NFL Fantasy Football Advice Thread (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Ok, guys, here's my question:
I can start exactly 2 each at WR and RB. Who?

At RB:
Green @ Minn
Jones vs. SF
Brown vs. KC
Jordan vs. Den

At WR:
Driver @ Minn
Holt @ Sea
Williams vs. SF

Jordan is going to sit, and I guess Driver sits, too, but which other back sits down?

Another league, another problem. @ rbs out of these 3:

Johnson @ Miami
Dunn vs. Cleveland
Jones @ Arizona

LJ is a lock but ......

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
First league is easy: start KJones and Brown at RB, Holt and RWilliams at WR. They all should be every week starters, when healthy.

2nd league: start JJones and LJ.

Evan Case

Screenwriter
Some tough choices for me this week:

At QB:

Brady vs. Jets
Romo @ Cardinals

Both are comparably poor pass defenses, Romo's been hot so far on my bench, but I keep expecting the other shoe to drop. Brady had been consistently at 18-20 all year for me, then scores 36 vs. the Vikes before killing me with a one-pointer vs. Colts.

At RB:

Sticking with Tiki even against Chicago, leaving me one of the following options:

Wally Ludi @ Jags (killed the Jags a few weeks ago, but had a poor game for me last week)
Jamal Lewis @ Titans (second-worst run defense)
Anthony Thomas @ Colts (worst run defense, but could get out to a big lead; also worried about it being A-Train's first start in a long while).

Right now, I'm definitely leaning towards Tiki and Jamal, but I'm stumped at QB.

For those wondering as I haven't posted in the thread yet, my league has standard scoring for RBs/WRs, QBs get 1 per 25 yards and 6 for TDs.

Starters:
Tom Brady
Tiki Barber
Wally Lundi
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Roy Williams
Antonio Gates (killing me this year)
Adam Vinatieri
Packers DST or any Free Agent playing Oak/Cle/Ari/S.F. (This is what drafting the Colts DST led me to)

Backups
Tony Romo
Jamal Lewis
Anthony Thomas (waiver this week, obviously)
Michael Turner (won't LT ever get hurt?)
Drew Bennett
Bengals DST (only because there's no one to replace them with)

Currently 4-5, but with a decent shot at the playoffs in my 12-team league as my division's leader is only 5-4 and has a much weaker team.

Evan

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
After starting out strong my team has been on the skids for the past few weeks. I have my lineup pretty much set but I can't decide on the final three pieces of the puzzle.

QB -- Mike Vick or Jake Delhomme -- Vick is up and down but he's been more consistent than Jake. On the other hand Jake is playing against Tampa and he did OK against them earlier this year. Plus, my opponent has Steve Smith so playing Delhomme might help balance him out.

RB3 -- Maurice Jones-Drew or Mike Bell -- Drew has been pretty steady and is going up against a weak Houston team while Bell remains something of an unknown commodity but is up against an awful Raiders run defense.

DEF -- Philly or Minnesota -- Philly's D has cooled of recently but should play strong against Washington while Minnesota has been very good but tends to give up big yards to Favre.

Thanks for any advice.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Questions for y'all...

I can start 3 of these 4 receivers, who do you think?
T. Owens at NYG
P. Burress vs DAL
J. Horn vs SF
D. Branch at DEN
I'm leaning towards T.O., Plax, and Horn, but thought I should throw this out there as we are nearing the end and money is on the line.

Also for QB (the weakest position on my team)
J. Delhomme at Philly
V. Young vs Indy
T. Green at Cleveland

I can pick one, and can't decide between Delhomme and Young.

Any help and/or opinions would be appreciated.

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
Interesting, why do you say Green? I feel like he hasn't done much since he came back from his injury.

Thanks for the response, by the way.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Because Vince Young is an inconsistent rookie and Delhomme has been struggling, too. Green has a good matchup against a struggling Cleveland team. When none of the choices are very appealing, I tend to go with the player with the least risk.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

:laugh: I'll remember that the next time a pick I make turns out bad. :laugh:

I wish things had turned out as well for my fantasy team in my money league. I lost Portis, Kevin Jones and Colston to injury in a two week span and went from a first place tie to eliminated from the playoffs. :frowning:

My lineup before the injury plague:

Carson Palmer, Portis, Kevin Jones, Steve Smith, Boldin, Colston, Crumpler

My lineup afterwards:

Palmer, Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor (or Ladell Betts), Smith, Boldin, Terry Glenn, Crumpler

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Ok, so heres my dilemna....the teams in our league are large, so theres a lot of decisions to make:

I need to start 2 QB, 3 WR, 3 RB, 2 TEs (already set), 1 WR/RB flex, 1 WR/TE flex

Here is my list of players:

Marc Bulger
Tony Romo
Marvin Harrison
Javon Walker
Chad Johnson
LaDainian Tomlinson
Warrick Dunn
Corey Dillon
Antonio Gates (set at TE)
Chris Cooley (set at TE)
Torry Holt
Brandon Jacobs
Devery Henderson
Kevin Jones
Michael Turner
Steve McNair

QBs in my league get almost nothing for throwing yards, so that makes INTs extra costly unless they throw lots of TDs.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Thank you Willie Parker for a great start to the playoffs. I am going for a 3 peat in the league I have been in for 8 years.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Geez, Matt, how'd you get all those excellent WR's? That's a nice selection!

I'd start Bulger and Romo at QB, LT2 (no brainer), Jones and Dillon at RB, and Harrison, Ocho Cinco and Holt at WR. It's tough benching Javon Walker, but I'd make him the odd man out due to the rookie QB starting in Denver.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Scott - that sounds solid - ok, so who should I flex at WR/RB (B Jacobs or Warrick Dunn - Turner is still really iffy) and who at WR/TE (D Henderson or J Walker)

I liked my WRs a lot in the draft, but Harrison and Holt have been pretty down lately production-wise...last week was somewhat of an aberration. And I scored ocho cinco the week he came back from his injury in a 1-for-1 for Andre Johnson....the other owner was risk-averse and CJ hadn't produced much of anything up to that point.

And I can't stand Thursday night games - you have to have your lineup more or less set so far ahead, it sucks. I think I may have accidentally left kellen winslow starting in my beer league.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Matt,

I missed the flex requirement -- that's a big starting lineup! I'd probably go with Walker. However, if Colston is out again, Henderson could be a sneaky play.

Thursday night games are not as big a problem in my two leagues. We can make lineup changes up until the game time for each player, so Thursday decisions only affect players in the Thursday games (unless you need to decide to cover a questionable Sunday player with someone playing on Thursday, of course). We do lock the free agent pool once the games start for the week, though, so you cannot pick up a replacement player if someone gets hurt in practice on Friday or Saturday.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Well, in the league I am in, 2 time defending champion, and a 58 point lead on my opponent heading into Sunday night, and he only has three players left: Bernard Berrien, Torry Holt, and Drew Brees. Care to guess how that ended my playoffs?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Any line up I can use to beat my competition this week? Assuming he does not change his line up, he has:

QB: Drew Brees (OK, I admit, this guy scares me. He has the potential to kill this week again)
RB1: B. Westbrook
RB/WR Flex: D. Henderson
WR1: R. Wayne
WR2: P. Burress
TE: K. Winslow
K: J. Brown
DEF: San Diego

My whole team waiting to set line up:

QB1: P. Manning
QB2: M. Leinart
RB1: F. Gore
RB2: L. Betts
RB3: M. Jones-Drew
RB4: D. Foster
WR1: S. Moss
WR2: B. Berrian
WR3: B. Edwards
WR4: J. Galloway
WR5: M. Clayton
TE: D. Campbell (never had a decent TE, dropped Colts Clark after injury)
K: R. Gould
DEF1: Miami
DEF2: Dallas

Any advice on my strongest options would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks