What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Toy Story & Toy Story 2 -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Pixar films have been reference discs since their first appearance on home video. Back in the dark ages, Toy Story on CAV laserdisc, with its AC-3 audio stream -- all eight sides of it with extras, and probably weighing in at few pounds, was about as good as things got.

Would one expect any less on Blu-ray?

Finally making their appearances in our latest technological format, Toy Story and Toy Story 2 are simply and undeniably perfect.

One can't get any simpler than that.

Want to get your friends to immediately run out, buy a large screen monitor and Blu-ray player so they can ask to borrow discs from your library?

Run Toy Story 2 for them. Absolute reference quality.

And even better (and lighter in weight) than a CAV laserdisc.

This is what Blu-ray was made for. Very Highly Recommended.

RAH

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I love these 2 films and watched about 30 minutes of TS today. It's looks and sounds wonderful. I forgot how shiny Buzz's face is.

I caught something today I had never noticed before. When Woody is arguing with Buzz, he calls him "Buzz Lightbeer." I had to rewind and turn on the subtitles to be sure I heard it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks