What's new

*** Official COP OUT Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Cop Out". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Cop Out" should be posted to the
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Review Thread[/COLOR].

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Al_S

Second Unit
All I can say is Bruce Willis must have really needed the money to be involved in this movie. It was beyond silly and stupid.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I liked it, a LOT. Yes there are a few poop jokes. But it's a funny movie, especially if you haven't already been over exposed to Tracy Morgan's humor. I thought it was a good stretch for Smith, akin to Spike Lee doing Inside Man.

Thumbs up from me.

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_S

All I can say is Bruce Willis must have really needed the money to be involved in this movie. It was beyond silly and stupid.
Actually, Willis, Morgan, Smith and one of the producers all took a paycut to keep the movie rated R.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
im confused. how does taking a pay cut keep a movie rated r? a deal with the studio to have the cut of the film they want?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Shane D

im confused. how does taking a pay cut keep a movie rated r? a deal with the studio to have the cut of the film they want?
If Warners was going to spend the money on this movie to give Willis, Morgan and Smith their normal paychecks, they wanted a PG-13 so teens could see it and they'd make more money. All three took pay cuts so the budget would be less and then Warners was comfortable with letting it be an R rated movie and losing the teen ticket buyers.

Shane D

Supporting Actor
would thier salaries really come close to the difference the teen market would pull in though? seems like there would be alot more money in ticket sales than what they'd save in lower pay.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Shane D

would thier salaries really come close to the difference the teen market would pull in though?
Apparently, Warners thought so. Bruce Willis makes $20 million a movie so if he took a cut on that, it was probably a pretty significant amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks