What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha RXV665 workin'w/features (1 Viewer)

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Okie-Dokie, all up and running...

Thank you for all who contributed to my questions on setting up my HT system. I ended up running 16 gauge to the fronts and center, and 14 gauge to the rear and surround back (center-rear channel) and so far, it sounds good.
All I have to do is to read more on my RX-V665 Yamaha receiver as far as the surround modes go. Basically, I'm guessing I won't get all the good stuff as far as effect features from this AVR until I watch a BD movie?

On watching regular TV broadcasts, I am using the DOLBY DIGITAL setting. From there I can use the 7 channel,or 2 channel Stereo setting, or the Straight Enhancer. There are other buttons on the remote like the PURE DIRECT,which when I press the SURROUND DECODER, it displays"NOT AVAILABLE".

In order to use the other features on this AVR, I'm guessing I can get more effects out of this AVR by watching a 5.1 broadcast,or a Bluray, then and only then, will I see features like the Dolby TrueHD,DTS-HD Master Audio,Kick in. I have not checked out the Neural surround with the music feature.

Not a big deal, but is this normal? When I turn UP the volume on the remote,the sound level on the AVR displays that it going minus(-) down,not up. ie: -20.00db,instead of +20.00db

This receiver is running hotter than I thought, it is in it's own cabinet shelf, with the window open all the time. I will consider buying an "Antec Low Profile AV Component Cooler" for on top of the receiver to help cool it...if they really work.

PS. My speakers are from HSU Research Sound in Orange County, Ca. They are amazing!
Thanks again for all who chimed in to help me.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks