What's new
World Wide Stereo

Yamaha RX-V563 Receiver Help- HDMI/HDCP Issues (1 Viewer)

zapbranigan32

Auditioning
Real Name
ryan morten
Hello, I have been experiencing this problem for quite some time now. My screen will go in and out of the picture on my Playstation 3 when I turn it on. It will also do this randomly when I am playing a game. This will also happen on my Xbox 360, however, at the bottom of the screen, when I can see it, there is a HDCP Protocol error. Secure HDCP link lost is the error message. Its hard to describe so I uploaded a video of the problem as well. Also, when the screen is going in and out the TV is cycling through different resolutions, 1920x1080 is the setting I use but for some reason the TV flashes and shows it trying to do a resolution of 800x600. All of my devices/hardware are as follows: A Yamaha RX-V563 Receiver (2 years old), a Samsung Series 7 52" 1080p 240hz LCD TV (1 year old), a 160GB Playstation 3 (older model 3+ years old), a 20GB Xbox 360 (3+ years old), multiple HDMI cables as well. I have both the Playstation and Xbox inputed through HDMI to the receiver and one HDMI cable outputting from the receiver to the TV. When the video is going in and out the audio does as well. I've noticed that on the receiver itself the HDMI light will flash as the picture is going in and out. I've tried numerous "fixes" for this problem and can not seem to figure out what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Link to video on youtube below!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
You should check your HDMI cable connections carefully. Are the plugs fully inserted? Are the cables run at a clean, reasonable angle (no kinks or pinches). Are you sure you have selected the correct input on the receiver (what you are currently watching)?

Many experts agree that about 90% of these type of problems result from poor connections, not faulty electronics.

zapbranigan32

Auditioning
Real Name
ryan morten
All cables are laying flat and are in all the way. I have my playstation set up in the dvd hdmi input of the receiver. I've noticed the problem happening when switching from the dvd input to the dtv/cable hdmi input on the receiver. When i attempt to go back to the dvd input the screen will do whats linked in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks